MMC 1.7.18 // Chap 91

(Surprise Chapter!! It's been quite a while so I decided to put something out for my readers who are still reading this book. Happy late New Years!! This is my last day of winter break until school starts :((. I haven't written in a while so I'm so so sorry if this is terrible!)

Skye's POV

Earlier, I was told by one of the stage crew members that I would be apart of the Mixed Match Challenge! I for one think that's a great opportunity because I can win money for charity! However, I have no idea who my partner is.. I heard that Dean is participating as well so hopefully he gets to be my partner because we make one hell of a tag team. Dean should be happy he's even competing in MMC because he only got chosen to replace Enzo Amore who ironically received the flu over the weekend.

I know the clear choice partner for me would be Dean but wouldn't it be super cool if I got Braun Strowman or my best friend Finn Bálor? That would just be killer! But don't worry, Dean's my top choice as always.

"Skye! Can I have a quick word with you?" Kurt Angle, my general manger, asked as I was passing by.

I know what you're all thinking.. Weren't you on Smackdown? Yes I was.. Well, Dean told me to trust him and I did. It took a lot of convincing but I got moved to Raw with him. It was an easy and quick switch since I wasn't the champ on Smackdown.

"Hey Kurt! Yes of course!" I replied as I followed him into his office.

"The reason I have called you in today was to reveal to you who your Mixed Match Challenge partner is! You're our Raw Women's Champion so you get to know your partner first before everyone else! Champs deserve that!" Kurt said.

"Oh my gosh! Really? I guess being champ has it's perks sometimes! I'm just joking anyways I'm really curious to see who the WWE universe has paired me up with. I mean the obvious choice would be my husband, Dean Ambrose since we're married and the fans literally love us to death. I mean they have us dubbed as the Brangelina of WWE. There's Braun Strowman, we can definitely be like Beauty and the Beast. Clearly he's the beast and I'm the beauty. We'd take down all the competition because if we were partners there'd be no losing whatsoever. He could also protect me from my opponent if they're trying to attack me. I mean it's Braun, he's super tall! There's also my best friend, Finn Bálor! Everyone knows how close we are as well! He's an amazing wrestler and the people do love him as well. We would be a dynamic duo and the ultimate team to beat in MMC. I'd also say Bobby Roode but sadly he's on Smackdown. We'd be the Glorious and Dynamic Duo! Also he's kinda my man crush Monday, but don't tell Dean about what I said! There's so many amazing wrestlers I honestly wouldn't mind anyone to be honest!" I responded happily!

"It was a tough choice if I must be honest with you. Ironically the three you mentioned, minus Bobby Roode, were the final three we had to pick to be your partner. In the end, we had to weigh out the pros and cons of each person and we finally came up with a decision." Kurt said.

"Kurt! The curiosity is killing me! Please just tell me!" I said quickly!

"Okay Okay fine! Here is your Mixed Match Challenge partner!" He shouted before he left the room.

I closed my eyes because I wanted to be surprised. Suddenly two large palms covered my eyes and I felt breathing near my ear.

"Can you guess who?" Someone said in an seductive, yet oddly familiar voice.

"Hmm you're giving me like a Finn Bálor type of vibe. Then again you could be Bobby Roode? Maybe he got moved to Raw just to be my partner?" I joked while thinking. Clearly, this was someone familiar with me.

He removed his palms and turned me around. There he stood, my hot, lunatic hunk of a husband.

"Baby you really couldn't tell it was your own husband. I'm disappointed in you. I'm way better than Bobby Roode." He said as he shook his head.

"You know I'm joking babe! Of course I know your voice. You have the sexist voice ever, it's honestly magic to my ears! Your voice is hard to miss Mr. Ambrose. Hey don't pick on The Glorious One! Yay we're partners, we are so gonna crush the competition!" I laughed before I jumped into his arms.

"Whatever you say baby girl. Now give your man a kiss, I haven't seen you for like an hour. I need more Skye and Dean time." He complained.

I gave him a long kiss on the lips before I heard someone coughing.

We turned around and saw Kurt who came back into the room. My boss is really a buzzkill..

"Kurt! Thank you for pairing me up with this goofball!" I told him as I jumped out of Dean's arms.

"Anything for my favorite couple! Now are you two going to win this thing or what?" He asked the both of us.

"Of course! Do you even know who we are?" Dean and I said in unison. We looked at each other and chuckled.

"Well I guess you're both already on the same page. You two do make quite the pair." He complimented us.

"Thank you Kurt! We intend to win this whole thing." Dean said as he put his arm around my shoulder.

"Now that this is all settled, come on Dean let's go practice. Bye Kurt and thank you so much! We'll make you proud of us!" I shouted to him as I dragged Dean out of Kurt's office.

————————————————————————
hey hey hey! it's been literally a whole year haha! not a laughing matter but I'm extremely sorry. yes I've given the same excuse for why I've been gone and the excuse has not changed. I'm still super busy and stressed because junior year is a hassle. also I'm super sick right not but I just wanted to write something because I felt like there are some people waiting. I hope to get back to writing somewhere in the near future. possibly during a time where I'm actually free and stress free kek. it's the last day before break so hopefully I can enjoy that before I'm back in hell aka school. please check out the song at the top, peekaboo by red velvet! I love those girls and I know you guys will love them too. this song is a bop and it was stuck in my head for the longest time! thank you all so much and I hope to see you all very soon! I love u all! 💞