A Break // Chap. 97

Skye's POV:

I woke up the morning around 8AM after tossing and turning around all night. I peeked into our bedroom and saw Dean sleeping peacefully.

I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth as well as my hair. I put on some light makeup and looked for clothes to wear. I settled on a tie dye crop top and sweatpants set that Nikki got for me recently.

I decided to hit up Nikki and Brie who were in town because I needed to let someone in on my current situation.

IMessage Groupchat

Skye: Hey girls! Are you guys up?

Nikki: We are! Brie's just picking out an outfit right now, what's up?

Skye: I wanted to see if you guys wanted to go get some coffee with me!

Nikki: OOO you had me at coffee! At our usual place?

Skye: That's the one!

Nikki: Okay, Brie and I will meet you there in 15 minutes?

Skye: See you there! x

Nikki: See you girl x

I decided to just leave without telling Dean partly because I didn't know if I was ready to face him after our conversation last night. Hopefully he and I figure this out for sure later... I don't know how much longer I'm gonna be able to hold on.

After about a ten minute drive, I arrived at the coffee shop and saw the Bellas pulling up at the same time.

We ran at each other and engulfed in a big group hug.

"Oh my god, I missed you guys so much! It really isn't the same with you guys there everyday!" I said as we all sat down at our table after receiving our coffees.

"We missed you too Skye!" Nikki exclaimed.

"We did girl, it's been forever." Brie replied.

"As much as I love you guys, I came here with a motive actually." I confessed to them.

"And that is?" Brie asked me.

"Well as you guys have heard, WWE posted on their social media accounts that Dean isn't gonna resign his contract with them. After some deep consideration, he really decided that he wasn't coming back." I told them.

"Skye, are you okay with his decision?" Nikki asked.

"As his wife, I'm nothing but supportive of his decision. However, I can't lie and say I'm not disappointed because I am. I wish that he'd consider my feelings in all of this. I mean I'm his wife for one... How do you guys deal with distance? Is it manageable?" I asked them.

"Honestly, it's really tough Skye. I mean even though I'm retired now, Bryan is still always on the road with the WWE. I only see him like twice a week, if I'm lucky three days, so it's just Birdie and I for the most part. When I was still traveling with the WWE, we got to travel together and had a little more time together. It's just really hard Skye. Even now, Bryan and I are still dealing with relationship problems because of all of that." Brie told me.

"As you know now, I'm with Artem and we live together now in Arizona next door to Brie. We have our fair share of time apart because he has his dancing jobs all over the place and I travel everywhere with Brie. For us, it was tough in the beginning. Gradually though, it got better and time apart made us stronger." Nikki responded.

"Wow you guys... I honestly don't even know what to do still. Dean and I talked about it last night and it didn't feel like it was going anywhere. He just kept telling me that we were gonna be okay, but is it really? I trust him with all of my heart, but it's like I can't help but get nervous. He said he's probably gonna sign with NJPW and AEW, so he's literally gonna be all over the world. Is this something I'm willing to put myself through?" I said.