Adjusting // Chap. 99

Skye's POV:

It's been about a month since Dean and I announced our separation to the WWE Universe which means it's been about a month since we've been apart.

After our announcement was sent out, we had a few days alone with each other. I helped him pack up his stuff from our place because he was moving to Florida to be closer to where AEW filmed their weekly shows. After a lot of consideration and offers, he chose to sign with AEW over all the other companies.

I was somewhat grateful he chose AEW because NJPW was in Japan and the time difference would have been insane for me. The thought of him that far away was already enough for me to lose it.

The last few days were a tough period for me because I didn't want him to actually leave. We had talked about how we were both fine with this, but I was an absolute wreck once the time came by to go.

My best friend and husband was leaving to Florida while I was going to stay in LA. It was only a three hour difference from each other, but still I didn't like it. I couldn't even tell you the last time we were apart, so him being away three hours ahead was going to be different.

I couldn't tell how Dean was feeling when we were packing up his stuff. I remember that we joked around here and there, but we mostly packed in silence as the faint sounds of one of my Spotify playlist played in the background.

We had a few last nights to be with each other and then the time for him to leave came. A few days slipped away into a moment of time so quickly. It was bittersweet to say the least.

On one hand, I was happy that he was finally pursuing what he wanted. He would no longer be held back by creative differences and shitty storylines. AEW was his second chance at regaining his love for wrestling. He deserved to tell his story the right way and AEW was gonna give him that opportunity.

On the other hand, I was sad because it meant that our separation period would finally be setting in. I've never experienced separation before, at least not like this. We weren't exactly getting divorced, but we weren't exactly staying together either. It's a weird situation for the both of us.

We gave each other our blessing to be with whoever the other chose. I still love him so much and I just know it's going to be hard seeing him with another woman that's not me. I get jealous easily and it's gonna hurt me once he starts seeing someone new.

Being with someone for over six years and all of a sudden separating was insane to me. I feel like I grew up with him even though we were adults when we first met. I discovered so much about myself with him and it has led me to become the woman I am today. It's all because of him.

He taught me to love myself and do what makes me happy which is probably why he wanted this separation too. He felt like he was holding me back from doing what I love.

On my end, I didn't want to hold him back and make him feel like he had to stay with the WWE just because I was still with them. WWE was his home for several years and he was an absolute workhorse there. However, whenever one door closes, another one opens and that door happens to be AEW.

I would never want him to put my happiness first, so in my eyes this separation was meant more for him. It was finally time for him to put himself first after putting me first for the past six years of our relationship.

I was the one who took him to the airport. I wanted to be the last one to see him off and he wanted me to be the last.

He had said goodbye to Roman and Seth prior and they were both as sad as I am. They wished him the best and knew that he was going to do all the things he used to talk about doing.