Way Back Home // Chap. 98

Skye's POV:

It was finally the day after Dean and I spoke about our break, meaning it was time to send out an announcement for the WWE Universe. Throughout my whole six years with Dean, I never would've thought it would've come down to this. I just always believed that he'd stay with the WWE forever and we'd be wrestling alongside each other until we both decide to retire. But I guess things don't really work out the way you want them to. I wanted to start a family with him when the time was right. It was beginning to seem like the perfect time, but then news of his resigning went viral and now here we are, about to separate.

I've been avoiding letting the world know about what we've decided to do long enough. It was finally time to reveal it all.

Skye's Twitter Update:
"hey everyone, it's me. i don't update on here as often as i should (i'll definitely work on that), but i had to let the wwe universe in on something. as you guys all know, dean and i have been together for over six years and we've been married for at least five of those years. i never thought i'd have to say this, but we've decided to take a break from our marriage. reason being due to the fact that dean isn't gonna resign with the wwe, we realized that we weren't gonna see each other for weeks on end and that would end up affecting us in the long run. of course we've spoken to each other about this 24/7 and this is the last thing that we would want to do, but we don't have any other choice. we both want each other to be happy and it hurts us both to do this, but it's something we have to do. i still have a huge amount of love for him, i always will. because i love him so much, i have to let him go discover himself and truly find what he wants in life even if that may not be me anymore. we have no hard feelings against each other, it's all unconditional love. again, i'll never stop loving him so please continue to support us both even though we may not be together for a unknown period of time. thank you all so much for loving and supporting our relationship over the years, we appreciate you guys so much. @/thedeanambrose you have my heart forever baby, i love you x"
- skye

Oh my gosh, I posted it. That's insane. The world now knows. I guess that's the life of a public figure, nothing can remain a secret forever.

Dean walked into the bedroom and gave me a peck on the lips.

"What's up babydoll?" He asked as he laid down on our bed.

"Well for starters, I just sent out my tweet about our break. It's kinda crazy to me that the entire world knows about it now." I confided in him.

"I guess it's my turn. I already typed it out earlier so I'm just gonna send it out now." He said as he quickly copy and pasted the long paragraph onto Twitter.

"And done. Posted. Read it Skye." Dean said to me.

I pulled up the app on my phone and saw his tweet at the top of my page.

Dean's Twitter Update:
"oh wow i haven't been on here in a while. never been much of a social media guy, but i just wanted to hop on real quick to let you guys know that skye and i have decided to take a break from our marriage for the time being. our situation right now isn't ideal since i'm not resigning with the wwe and skye's staying with them. it honestly sucks if i'm being honest with you all. i love this woman with ever fiber of my being and that's why she's my wife. however for the sake of our health and relationship, we both decided to was the best to take a break for now. we both want each other to be happy and we're going to fully support each other no matter what happens. it's gonna suck seeing her with someone else (if that ends up being the case), but i'm gonna suck it up and deal with it. her happiness means the most to me at the end of the day. again it's really hard for me to walk away from her, but she really wants me to do this and find my happiness. man she's so stubborn, she refused to let me resign because she knows that i've been unhappy for a long time now. she always puts me first even if it makes her unhappy in the end. she's always gonna be my number one supporter no matter where she is. i just know it. to my beautiful wife skye, thank you for tolerating me these last six years. you have my heart forever and i will never love anyone as much as i have loved you. @/skyeswwe i love you baby, forever and always x
- dean

"Aw Dean. You're making me cry already." I said as I felt tears rushing down my cheeks. I smacked him lightly on the chest as he chuckled at me.

"You're so cute baby, now don't cry." He said as he wiped my tears.

"Ugh, shut up. You're so annoying. Anyways, how did Roman and Seth take it? You told me they're going to remain supportive, but I'm going to need more details." I asked him once I calmed down.

"Well... they weren't necessarily happy. I threw two bombs on them basically. One, I'm not resigning and two, you and I are taking a break. They both saw the first one coming, but they were extremely shocked when I mentioned the break. I even think Seth was gonna cry." He explained.

"Yeah, I figured they'd act that way. You're their brother, of course it's gonna make them sad. It just kinda sucks you know? They just want to see you happy." I replied.

"I know, I know. Once this pay-per-view's over, I have my last appearance on Raw the day after and that's it. It's really the end huh?" He said sadly.

"I guess it is. I'll never stop saying this is insane because it really is. I just don't want that day to come because that means us splitting is really gonna be real." I confessed to him.

"Yeah, that too. It all just sucks. Well instead of sulking and being sad, let's enjoy this week that I have left around here. Let's make the best of it." He said as he pulled me into his embrace.

"I just wanna lay here with you forever. I need as many of these days as possible. Just the two of us, no cameras, no paparazzi, no fans, no friends, just the two of us." I told him as I hugged him tightly.

"It's you and me Skye, it's always gonna be you and me. Being here with you right now is all I need. I love you." He told me as he looked at my face.

I smiled and wiped a tear that fell down my face.

"We are so lovey dovey, I hate and love it at the same time. And, I love you too Dean. Always will." I responded as we kissed.

I know that my time with him is coming to an end soon, but I truly appreciate these moments that we get to have with each other. Somehow, he manages to keep me sane and safe just by being in his embrace.

Six years ago when we first met, I would've called you crazy if you told me that this man was going to be my future husband. Today, I wouldn't wanna have it any other way.

I don't know what this break will hold, but in the end I hope that we'll find our way back home to each other. Dean Ambrose whether you're all the way in Japan or right next to me, my love for you will never change.

•••

hi everyone!!! it's been a while since i've updated this story so here u go hehe! gonna be real with u all, i have no idea what direction this story is headed in, but i know the journey is still long. i really am thankful for you all that have been following skye and dean's story since the very beginning. they are thankful as well.

i will try my best to update when i can, i start my new job next week and school starts again the week after!! hopefully i can upload once a week or once every two weeks!! i wanna give u guys content and it's fun to write hehe.

please read my other books on my profile, Unexpected and Second Chances!! second chances is mainly a dean ambrose fic about a ex couple finding each other again back in the wwe. unexpected is a social media type of fic and includes many diff characters. it's kinda like a crossover with marvel (i love marvel too!!)

thank you all again for the support, you all are amazing in every way. please remember to like, comment and follow me if you like my stories! you'll be notified every time i update i believe! thanks again and see you soon in another update!