Chapter 15: Making Up

Lexi
It's been about a week since Dal and I had our fight and broke up. During this whole week I've felt like shit. I trapped myself in my room everyday cutting my wrists with scissors. I did it again this morning and there was a knock at the door.

"Lexi?" Amber said softly.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" I said crying.

"Lexi, I'm sorry Dal said those things to you. I'm sure he is too" she said.

"No he's not. Stop apologizing for him. It's not your fault. He said it himself. I'm a good for nothing whore who he hates so much." I said cutting again.

"You know that's not true Lexi...Dal loves you no matter how much he doesn't want to admit it" she said and I chuckled.

"Thats funny Amber. He doesn't want to admit he loves me cause he doesn't" I said crying.

"Thats not what I meant Lex" she said.

"Leave me alone please..." I said.

"Alright. You need to eat so please come down soon" she said.

"I'm not hungry" I lied and I could hear her sigh.

I spent that afternoon in my room. Cutting and crying.

Dallas
I was sitting on my bed. Sad and scared. I lost her and I wouldn't be getting her back. I knew I had to leave her alone and let her go no matter how much I didn't want to. The day I yelled at her Buck told me her past. She never told me about her parents. She just said she didn't have it good growing up. Never told me the story but apparently she told Buck.

~A week earlier~

"What'd you say Dal?!" Buck yelled at me.

"I called her a good for nothing cunt. I told her I hate her so much and called her a whore" I said plainly.

I looked at Buck and his expression soured. He was pissed cause he hit me square in the face.

"What was that for?" I asked him.

"You do realize that one sentence you pushed her away forever" he said.

"She'll come back...they always do" I said even though. I knew that wasn't true.

"You're dumb Dal" he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Dallas. When she was 4 her mom and dad fought a lot. Her dad...the last thing she said to her mom was I hate you more you whore. Then she left" he told me and I broke. I broke into tears.

I fucked up. The last thing she heard her father say to her mom before she left was that he hated her and was a whore. The exact last words I said to Lexi I fucked up bad and now I've lost her. I sat down upset confused and sad. I cried started drinking more. After a few days Buck got me in check and took beer from me. I've been sober for 5 days not but that doesn't mean I don't feel guilty.

~Present Day~

I sat down on the stool and looked at Buck who was making breakfast. Buck looked at me and shook his head.

"You dumb ass need to talk to her" he said throwing a spoon at me.

"Buck. She hates me. I can't even look at her without feeling sad. I can't even look at our fucking pictures without cryin'." I said.

"Call her at least" he said and I nodded.

"Fine" I said.

I grabbed the phone and called her. She didn't answer so I called their house phone.