Chapter 34: Sadness

Lexi
I woke up crying and in pain. I missed him so much. I got up and went to my closet to find something cute to wear for Dal. I found a baby pink dress and wrote a letter just in case. I went to the station and saw the officer who kicked me out.

"Can I see Dallas Winston?" I asked smiling.

"Give me a moment" he said and walled away.

After a while he came back and shook his head.

"He doesn't want to see you today" he said and I nodded.

"Give this to him at least" I said smiling and he nodded.

I gave him the letter and I walked back home in tears. As I was crying some Socs pulled up.

"Hey sexy, wanna go for a ride?" he asked.

"Shut up man, hey I'm sorry about him. You alright?" another one asked.

"Yeah" I lied.

He got out of the car and walked me home ditching his friends.

"You don't gotta do that" I said and he smiled.

"A beautiful girl like you is alone and crying. Least I could do is give her some company" he said smiling.

"Thanks I guess" I said.

"Wait...aren't you Winstons girl?" he asked.

"Yeah, at least was I guess" I said shrugging.

"Don't mean to pry and you don't gotta tell me but what happened?" he asked.

Once I finished the story he nodded.

"Where do you live?" he asked.

"Well...do you know the Curtis brothers?" I asked and he nodded.

"Bring me there please" I said and he nodded.

As we were walking he chuckled a little.

"What?" I asked.

"You know. I know your Winstons girl but I don't know your actual name" he said.

"Lexi, yours?" I asked.

"Mark" he said and I nodded.

Once we got to the Curtis house I walked in and waved bye to him.

"Thanks Mark" I said smiling.

After that day I spent months trying to see Dallas but each time was a "I'm sorry, he doesn't wanna see you" and each time I ask if he read my letter he shook his head. I got tried of it and I started hanging out with Mark more. I knew he was a Soc and both Darry and Bell told me to stay away from him but he was a nice Soc. One of the few. We were out on a stroll when he grabbed my hands looking me in the eyes.

"Lexi, I know how Dallas left you made you sad and I know i'll never be like him but will you be my girl?" he asked and I nodded.

He kissed me but for some reason it felt wrong but I pushed that away and kissed him back. After we started dating I brought him to see my friends and the guys. They approved of him for the most part and we're happy I moved on.

Months after we started dating he looked at me and smiled.

"What?" I asked.

He smirked and pushed me against the wall kissing my neck. I started pulling off his shirt while he pulled mine off. Let's just say we were going at it like cats and dogs.

Dallas
After the letters stopped I knew she moved on.

"GEORGE!" I yelled and he came over.

"Give me the letters please?" I asked.

He handed me about 30 letters. I went through each and everyone of them too.

Dear Dallas,
I love you Texas and I'm gonna wait for you. You just being gone makes me Sad. I hope they're treating you well.
~Lexi

Then the very last letter she sent broke my heart.

Dallas,
I don't know how to tell you this but I've been seeing some guy. He's nice to me but will never be you. We've been on dates and whatever but he's not you. It feels weird around him. It's really weird when he touches me too. I love you and I know it's bad to say since I'm dating him but whatever. I miss you Dal.
~Alexis

She used her full name so she was very serious I knew that and I lost her forever. I'm glad she moved on though. Something I couldn't do.
*******************************************