Chapter 24: Making Up

Lexi
I woke up in my room and I looked at the bag sitting on my table from Dally. I decided to open it. I started opening it and two necklaces fell out. I reached into the bag and also found a note and a receipt. There were two silver dog tags with engravings on it. One said "His Angel" with an angel wing charm and the other that said "Her Cowboy" with a gun charm. I laughed a little at this and set them on the counter. I picked up the note and read it.

Dear Alexis,
I'm sorry for what I did. I really am. I get it if you're mad at me and you have every right to be but I love you. I went to the jewlrey store today and the lady thought I was gonna hurt her or something. I thought you'd find that funny...anyways I'm glad you're okay. I'm really really sorry but you're my angel and I'm your coyboy. Isn't it perfect? Please forgive me. That's all I want. You don't have to be with me no matter how much i'd want you to be but at least forgive me. Please?
~Texas

I read it and I cried. I cried and cried and cried. I knew he was sorry but I didn't know how much I meant to him. I set the note down and looked at the receipt. There was a sticky note that said.

If you don't want it you can return it

I wanted it though and I wanted Dally to have the other. I set the receipt down and grabbed my phone. I called Dally and the phone rang for a bit. Maybe he deleted my number? After a while he picked up.

"Hello?" he said. His voice sounded like it was breaking.

"Dallas, come over please" I said.

"Ok" he said and hung up.

I got dressed in a long sleeve and some shorts. I walked downstairs and waited for Dal to come. There was a knock at the door and I opened it to see a red eyed Dallas.

"Dal, why are you crying?" I asked.

"You left me and Amber left so I'm missing the two girls I care about" he said.

We stood there looking at each other when he slowly started coming towards me. I pushed him away.

"Dallas" I whispered and he nodded.

Once we walked in he sat down and I sat next to him. We sat in silence for a while until he said something.

Dallas
I was at home crying. Soon I got a call from Lexi to come over. I rushed over there and I tried to kiss her which was an idiotic move but oh well. Once we went into the house we sat on the couch in silence until I broke it.

"I love you" I said.

"I know you do" she said.

"Note?" I asked.

"Yeah and necklace" she said smiling.

"I forgive you Dallas. I'm sorry" she said hugging me.

"You're sorry? I should be the sorry one" I said smirking.

I lifted her head up to see tears in her eyes. I was confused until she rolled up her sleeves. I looked at her and shook my head.

"Now I'm really sorry" I said kissing her cuts.

"Why? I said to stop. Do I have to make you? I said I was sorry. I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry. I love you Lexi. Don't leave me please" I pleaded.

She smiled and nodded. I lifted her head up and kissed her. Not like the rough kisses I normally do. I kissed her softly. She pulled away and rested her head on my shoulder.

"I love you" she said.

"I love you too" I said and kissed her head.

We cuddled for a while and decided to spend the day here. I wouldn't leave her side. Ever.
*******************************************

Hope you like this update. I know it's a little short but oh well. I really wanted to get something out.
~Caity💛