Chapter 17: Vacation

Lexi
I woke up and Dally was holding me close muttering something. I wanted to know what he was saying so I stayed quiet and shut my eyes.

"Lexi...you don't know how much I love you. I know you're asleep but this is the only time where I have the courage to say it. I'm not the guy I used to be. Not the one you fell in love with. I don't tell anyone this but you make me soft and deep down there's a part of me that wants that to happen. I love you lexi. More than you'll ever know. Our fight. I said those things because I was scared. Scared of losing the one thing I have left. I know I have Amber and Johnny but when they leave me someday I'll be even more broken than I am now. I don't know why you didn't tell me your past. I wish you would've. I didn't mean those things baby. I didn't mean it. I didn't want you to be hurt but everyone I love gets hurt. I'm so sorry. I should end it. To save you to save the pain but I can't. You mean to much to me" he muttered out.

I wanted to tell him I love him. Tell him I'll never leave but I didn't want to upset him. I couldn't. I waited a few minutes before fluttering my eyes open to see Dally staring at me.

"Morning Angel" he said smiling.

"Morning Texas" I said giggling.

"We're going to Hawaii today" he said.

"Well shit...I should pack then" I said giggling.

I got up and started packing clothes for the next five days. I wore a black romper and when I came out Dally snuck up from behind me and hugged me.

"Hey Dally!" I said smiling.

"Hey Lexis" he said kissing my cheek.

"Oh, I almost forgot" he said grabbing my arms and kissing them.

"Dal, I told you that you don't need to do that" I said.

"Yes I do" he said kissing my arm again.

"Why?" I asked.

"Cause I caused it" he said.

I pulled my arms away from him and wrapped them around his neck. I stood on my tip toes and gave him a kiss.

"Dallas" I said.

"Hm?" he said smirking.

"Its not your fault" I said.

"Yes it is" he said.

"Dallas. You didn't mean it" I said.

"I know but I caused you pain" he said kissing them again.

"Dally please" I said.

"Fine Lex" he said and let go.

I was about to grab my bag when he took it before I could.

"Dal!" I said.

"What? Oh yeah that's right. It's cold here ya go" he said throwing his leather jacket at me.

"Dallas. I can carry my own bags" I said and he shook his head continuing down the stairs.

We loaded the car and drove to the airport. When we got there a girl came up to Dal and I and smiled.

"Oh my god! It's Dallas Winston!" she said.

"Hey" he said smirking.

"You have the biggest record in all of Tulsa! How just how?!" she said smiling.

"Tex, I didnt know your record was the biggest" I said smirking.

"Its just fun to mess with the cops especially Jeffery" he said smirking.