Chapter 53: Dead...

Lexi
I saw Dallas roll down the hill with the empty gun still in his hand. He looked over at me and I ran over to him. I applied pressure on his wounds.

"Dallas don't leave me" I whispered to him.

"Lexi" he groaned out.

"He's breathing...SOMEONE HELP!" I yelled. I saw Amber going off at the officer.

"Dallas, stay with me. Please stay" I said trying to stop the bleeding.

He groaned and ran his bloodied hand through my hair.

"L-Lexi look at me" he muttered out.

"Don't speak Dallas. Look at me alright. Stay with me" I whispered while tearing up.

"A-Alexis...I love you. Don't forget that" he muttered out.

"No, no Dallas. This isn't goodbye!" I yelled.

"Lexi...keep my jacket. I'd want you to have it. I love you" he choked out and closed his eyes.

"NO!!!" I yelled hitting the concrete.

The ambulance came and Soda, Amber, Darry, and I helped get him on the stretcher. Once they got him in the car they wouldn't let me or Amber through.

"Sorry mam but it's only family" he said.

"HE'S MY HUSBAND!" I lied.

"HE'S MY BROTHER!" Amber cried out.

They let us in and Amber was in the corner weeping while I was holding his hand muttering to myself.

"Please don't leave. Please don't leave Dallas. I'm sorry I'm so so sorry" I muttered.

Once we reached the hospital they wheeled him into the emergency room and wouldn't let us in. I collapsed to the floor in tears. I hurried my head in my hands until I started laughing.

"Whats so funny?" Amber asked in confusion.

I shook my head smiling.

"I fucked up ya know. He didn't kiss her did he?" I asked and she shook her head.

"You know he even sang me songs on how he loved me?" I said shaking my head in disbelief.

I sat there having the audacity to wear his jacket around me. The smell of him haunted me. All of our memories we're slowly playing in my head.

The first day we met
"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"
"Its fine. I'm Dallas. Dallas Winston"
The day I realized Dallas was Amber's brother
"Amber do you know where m-oh hey, Alexis right?"
"You two know each other?"
"Yeah Alexis here bumped into me"
"How do you two know each other?"
"Siblings well twins"
The day me and Dallas became best friends
"You know there's something different about you Alexis Jade Grey and I can't put a finger on it"
"Oh really?"
"Yeah really. How bout we make a deal"
"A deal?"
"Yeah. To be best friends and nothing will ever break us apart"
"Dallas, we already can't be broken apart"
The day I started developing feelings for him
"Amber! I'm scared!"
"Why?"
"I have a crush on this guy and he's amazing really but we're only 13! He probably doesn't take relationships seriously anyway or worse doesn't even like me!"
"Who is it?"
"Ummm don't get mad..."
"Who!"
"Dallas..."
"My brother Dallas?"
"Yes"
"AWE THAT'S ADORABLE!"
The day he left New York
"Will I ever see you again?"
"Sometime soon"
"I'll visit"
"Lex, Tulsa is miles away"
"So"
"I'll miss you"
"May we meet again Dallas Tucker Winston"
"Hey! No middle names Alexis JADE Grey"
The day we met again
"Can't you read?!"
"Hey Dallas"
The day Adam raped me
"I swear I'm gonna kill him!"
"Dallas..."
The day we got drunk and confessed our love
"You know Lexi, I never told you this but I like you. I have for years now. Have since we met and I have since I saw you with Amber. I know people said I use broads for sex but your different. I'd never admit it to you but I missed you when I left. When you came in and said Adam raped you it hurt me that I couldn't protect you...I haven't said this in so long but Lexi...I love you so fuckin much"
"I love you too Dallas"
The day we started dating
"I'm sorry I just. I like you Lex. I like you a lot"
"So you meant it the night we got drunk"
"Will you be my girl?"
Our first fight
"I HATE YOU SO MUCH YOU WHORE!"
When he found out about my cutting
"Stop...please...i'm sorry"
Our Birthdays
"Happy Birthday Dallas"
"Happy Birthday Alexis"
Our fight causing this
"It's not what it looks like!"
"LIAR!"
Him singing to me
"Wait can you turn around"
"Angel with a shotgun"
"Got me up all night going crazy"
"Please be patient with me"
Him getting shot
"I love you Alexis...don't forget that"

I started crying and O came over to me and gave me a hug. I saw Dr. Miller come out and grab Amber. Probably to say he's dead...she left with her and soon I was there alone.

Dallas
I was lying in my bed sighing and shaking my head. I wanted to die. I really wanted to die...why did they have to save me? Johnny's dead, Amber found love, and Lexi well...she hates me.

Amber came into the room with a smile.

"Hi Dal" she whispered.

"Why'd you bring me back? I wanted to die..."

"DALLAS TUCKER WINSTON!" she yelled at me.

"What?"

She started explaining and I smiled a little.

"I love you Amber"

"I love you too Dal"

She asked if I wanted to see the gang and I shrugged.

"Sure"

Lexi
Amber came out smiling.

"He's alive!" she exclaimed and I was about to dash into the room when she grabbed me and Johnny.

"Stay by the door. We'll signal when to come in. We wanna surprise him" she said smiling and I nodded.

Dallas
Soon the room filled with the gang. All except Lexi and Johnny.

"Lexi didn't want to see me?" I asked sadly.

You like her Dal don't you?"

"Yeah Amber I like her no, I love her. I don't tell her this often but I love that girl and she's made me so happy. I ruined it Amber. I ruined the one chance I had because of something stupid. If I could i'd go and get a ring and marry that girl. I wouldn't have let her go." I said sadly.

Amber just looked at me and nodded.

Lexi
I was listening through the door when I heard him mutter something.

"Yeah Amber I like her no, I love her. I don't tell her this often but I love that girl and she's made me so happy. I ruined it Amber. I ruined the one chance I had because of something stupid. If I could I'd go and get a ring and marry that girl. I wouldn't have let her go." I heard him say.

I grabbed the handle and Johnny grabbed my hand.

"Lexi, we were told not to go in until they give us the signal" he said trying not to ruin the surprise.

"I just can't Johnny! I messed up once i'm not messing up again!" I yelled and ran into the room hugging Dallas.

"I love you too Dallas...so so much" I whispered into his ear.

"You do?" he asked confused.

"Yes I do Texas. I'm sorry I was such a bitch. I should've believed you." I said and kissed him.

"I have a surprise for you Dallas" I said looking into his eyes.

"Come in!" I yelled towards the door and Johnny emerged from the door hesitantly.

Dallas
Lexi was telling me she had a surprise I waited until I saw Johnny come in hesitantly. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"This is some fucking dream because they said you died...."

"Dallas she was trying to tell us they lost Johnny but brought him back" Amber said and I shook my head.

"I love you three so god damn much!" I said and they all came close to me and we hugged.

This was one of the most amazing memories i'd ever have here in Tulsa. These three people make my day everyday. There's no one i'd rather be with.

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! If you thought I killed Dallas then shame on you shame shame shame....Love ya people and Stay Gold!
~Caity💛