Chapter 2: Iris

Daniel and I walked side by side to the counselor's office. I felt relaxed next to him. He knew a lot of people here. Everyone said there hi's to Daniel as we walked down the hall. We finally get to the counselor office and receive our schedule. I let Daniel open his first. 
Daniel: aww man I got Mr. Brown. This sucks.
Elana: Who is he?
Daniel: He's the world Geography teacher.
Elana: Oh.
Daniel: What you get.
Elana: I don't know I don't want to be Devastated to find out I have no classes with you. *frowns a little*
Daniel: Let me see *grabs envelope*
Elana: *watches him read* 
Daniel: we have almost every class together except for science. See we're good. *hands back paper as the bell rings for class* 
Elana: Man the bell rang. 
Daniel: It's okay, I'll see you second period sweetheart. *kisses cheek and walks away*
I turned and look for my class. I carefully paid attention to the numbers on the classroom until I got to my class, which was reading. I walked in and looked for a seat. The class was already loud. I found a seat in the back next the window. I sat down at stared around the classroom. A minute before the bell rings another girl comes in. She looks around the room and sees there was only one more seat and that was next to mines. She comes over and sit. I shifted in my seat and next thing I know my phone fell to the floor. I bent over to pick it up but the girl had already gotten it. 
Girl: Here's your phone *smiles*
Elana: Thank you 
Girl: I like how the cover matches your outfit
Elana: Thank you. What's your name? *smiles*
Girl: My name is Iris. Iris King. *smiling*
Elana: That's a pretty name. Mine is Elana Jones.
Iris: Thank you I think your name is pretty too.
Elana: Are you new to this school?
Iris: *interrupted as she is about to answer*
Teacher: Good morning class, I am Mrs. Beth your reading teacher and I would like to welcome you to Valley Springs High school. Let's get started. *boy walks in*
Boy: Frowns *hands note*
Mrs. Beth: Khalil I see I'm your teacher this year. Why are you late?
Khalil: *mumbles* why are you ugly?
Mrs. Beth: What did you just say? *gets an attitude*
Khalil: nothing, my parents dropped me off late.
Mrs. Beth: Okay Khalil, go find a seat. *turns towards whiteboard*
Iris: He is so fine
Elana: You like him?
Iris: Yep I'm starting too.
Mrs. Beth: No talking girls
Elana and Iris: Sorry *rolls their eyes*