Chapter 33: Secrets

I walked down the street looking for her. She was no where to be seen. Then I realized she might have been at the park. We use to hang out there after school and eat Hot Cheetos. I walked down to the park and that’s where I found her sitting on a swing with tears down her cheek. I sat on the swing right next to her and she looked up.

Elana: Hi Iris

Iris: Hi

Elana: *tears come down cheek* I’m sorry

Iris: For what?

Elana: For what happened to us. I should have never got with him. He made me lose you as a friend. I should have lied to him and told him I wasn’t your friend anymore.

Iris: So you mean Jionni forced you to not be my friend?

Elana: Yes. He forced me to do a lot of things. I guess he didn’t want me to have anyone other than him. Mission accomplished.

Iris: I can’t believe he did that. I’m sorry that happened. You’re staying with me and I don’t care what you say. *gets up and pulls Elana off swings and starts running home dragging Elana behind*

Elana: Iris I’m tired. Let’s walk the rest of the way.

Iris: Sorry I just got really excited.

Elana: Ha-ha. I feel so bad.

Iris: Why?

Elana: Diggy. Justine didn’t believe him. She was like my better mom and now she hates me.

Iris: I know right. The proof was right in her face. She didn’t accept it I guess. *walks into house* MOM!!!!

Shannon: Yes? Oh hey Elana. *feels uncomfortable*

Iris: Mom I know you feel uncomfortable but I need to really talk to you in private. Elana wait here. *takes mom to kitchen*

Elana: *waits*

Shannon: *runs out of kitchen and hugs her being careful without touching scars* I’m so sorry sweetie. You must be devastated. You can stay here okay. Don’t worry about Justine she’s just doesn’t want to accept. Do you want to go get your bags?

Elana: I can’t go back over and I doubt she wants me to know that I’m anywhere close by Daniel. I rather not tell her I’m here.

Iris: I can get your bags don’t worry *leaves*

I go back to Mrs. Simmons house. I knocked on the door and she opened it. I thought she was mad but it turns out she was crying.

Iris: I left some things in Elana’s room that I need to get plus I wanted to check on Diggy. Is that ok?

Justine: *nods yes and lets her in* you can let yourself out when you’re done.

As I walked up the stairs I got a message from Elana saying not to tell Diggy. I knew why. She didn’t want him to see him that way and knowing Diggy he would do ANYTHING to get her back in that house. I walked into Diggy’s room to see him on his bed crying. I never saw him cry before. It was so sad.

Iris: Diggy are you okay?

Diggy: No she is gone and I will never get to see her again.

Iris: I’m pretty sure you would see her again.

Diggy: No I won’t *looks at picture of her*

Iris: Don’t worry Diggy. I have to go but keep your head up high. *gives him a hug then leaves*

I go to Elana’s room and gather all of her stuff. As I walked out of her room, Diggy came out. Oh snap. What can I tell him?

Diggy: Iris what the hell is you doing with Elana’s stuff? *curious*

Iris: Uh, this is my stuff inside her suitcases. She said I can have her suitcases.

Diggy: When she say that?

Iris: When I was walking back to my house. I saw her before she left and she told me I can have them.

Diggy: She didn’t tell you where she was going?

Iris: Uh, no because she seemed as if she didn’t want to be bothered. I have to go. I have to do something important when I get home.

Diggy: What’s that?

Iris: *nervous* what’s what?

Diggy: What so important?

Iris: Umm…Chores so I can go to the mall.

Diggy: *laughs* Are you lying? Last time I checked Iris didn’t do chores.

Iris: Well…the maids are off today. So I have too.

Diggy: Oh. Well go luck with that. I’m about to go eat some food because I’m hungry right now.

Iris: When are you not hungry? *laughs*

Diggy: This morning when I was with Elana. That’s when mom and dad were blowing up my phone with texts and calls.

Iris: Oh. Sorry that happened though.

Diggy: It’s okay. I’m just not talking to my mom. You should get going if you want to do your “chores”. I know you’re lying by the way. You just didn’t want me to know that Khalil was going over there so you two can make out.

Iris: Ha you got me. Man you know me well *goes with Diggy downstairs.* Bye Diggy

Diggy: Bye *closes door as she leaves and go to kitchen*

That was a close one if Diggy would have figured it out, Elana would have been upset. I walked back to my house. I when I came in Elana was at the table eating her breakfast. What was so cute about it was that Diggy was doing the exact same thing.