Chapter 58: Tonights the Night

Elana P.O.V.

Today is the day. I can’t explain the emotions I’m getting right now. I put on my black vans and white skinny jeans with an over the shoulder top. I was excited but at the same time very sad. The family wanted to go to breakfast for the last time. The limo was here so we all piled in. Diggy sat by his dad and I sat with Russell. I think there is still tension between the two of us but tonight it will hopefully go away. I looked out the window as Daniel texted on his phone. No one really talked I guess it was a sad day but Russell knew how to make it better.

Russell: Mommy did you hear? I live in Miami now

Justine: *laughs* what? Elana lives there not you.

Russell: Yeah but she said I can come anytime and it’s also like my house.

Justine: I’m sure Elana doesn’t want to babysit you while you’re out there.

Elana: *smiles* Oh no it’s fine. Russell will have lots of fun. We’ll go to the beach, the arcade, and have picnics in the park. It would be fun.

Russell: *smiles* this is my favorite sister.

Vanessa and Angela: What about us?

Russell: What about you? You’re just my sisters. *laughs* I’m just kidding.

Everyone: *laughs*

We enter the restaurant and sit down at the tables. Daniel sat next to me this time. While everyone went to wash their hands or use the bathroom, Daniel placed his hand over mine. I knew he wasn’t happy that I was leaving today but he was there. We ordered our food and ate. The whole time Daniel wouldn’t let go of my hand. It was a little depressing to see him that way. We left the restaurant and headed back to the house. Justine wanted to take me shopping for our date one last time so we drove to the mall.

~~in the car~~

Justine: *tears rolling down her face as she drives*

Elana: Why are you crying?

Justine: Because you’re leaving me. *sniffles*

Elana: Don’t cry I promise to visit.

Justine: Visiting isn’t enough for me. I want you to stay.

Elana: Everyone does but I can’t.

Justine: Why?

Elana: The whole drama with the baby. He’s a dad and I can’t compete with her. Over time he’s going to pay less attention to me and more attention to her because she is carrying his child. That’s why I’m saving the heart ache and letting him go. Being in Miami is a good choice for right now. I can’t bear to see that baby when she haves him. I really don’t want to be here during the whole 9 month process. I guess…Miami is a way to avoid it.

Justine: I understand

Elana: What about you?

Justine: Well Daniel is in big trouble. I haven’t had time to talk about it to him but he is going to get it. When you leave and I have time to actually deal with it. He’s going to see me explode like a volcano.

Elana: *laughs* you explode like a volcano? I never thought you would have done that.

Justine: Well Daniel knows.

We park the car and head into the mall. We went shopping around to find the dress I wanted. I was nervous about tonight. Tristen said to think of it as a date but this is more than a date this is probably the last time I can express my feelings to Diggy.