Chapter 42: Think Again

Elana P.O.V.

It’s been a week since Diggy and Khalil was gone. I miss them so much. It’s not the same anymore because they made everything so much better. I went to a few parties and hung out with the friends; but there is nothing like spending quality time with your boyfriend. I have been hearing so much good things about how his progress is coming along with his songs. I put on my converse. I walked down stairs and outside. I wanted to run. I started running as there was a gentle breeze through my hair. I exited out the gate. 5 minutes into my run, I tripped over a rock and lost my balance. Without realizing, an on coming car was speeding down my way. All of a sudden I was hit. I flew on top of the windshield and I heard it crack.  I could feel the pain going through my body as I passed out. That was the end of it. I knew I was dead.

Diggy’s P.O.V.

I woke up early today; the birds singing and the sky blue. I knew today was going to be a good day. I thought about Elana and how I wanted to fly her out to come see me. I sat on my silky white hotel sheets. I was a little hungry so I decided to have room service to bring me some buttermilk pancakes, cheesy eggs, and crunchy bacon. As I ordered Khalil came into the room and lay across my bed. He flipped through the channels until he came across one that pleased him. I ordered my food and his. 5 minutes later a knock came at my door. I thought it was room service but it wasn’t. It was a girl named Karen.

Daniel: Hi

Karen: Hi, sorry to bother you but I was wondering if I could use your phone because our hotel room phone went out.

Daniel: Uh, sure *lets her in*

Karen: Thanks *goes to call person*

She looked pretty but I have Elana so I won’t even try. Khalil better not either if he knows what’s best for him. I sat in the chair and Khalil made contact with me. He smiled as he looked at her up and down. I shook my head towards him no. He turned over in the bed and continued watching TV. She got off the phone and came towards. I stood up and fixed my pajama shorts.

Karen: Thanks for letting me use your phone. *flirtatious smile*

Daniel: you very welcome *smiles and walks her out the door*

Karen: you know a guy like you should have a girlfriend*kisses his cheek*

Daniel: *laughs* I do and I’m very faithful *smiles*

Karen: Oh then call me when you’re single *hands phone number and leaves*

I smiled and closed the door. I wanted to call Elana so I dialed her number and went to the patio. I got no answer so I called again still no answer. I don’t have to be worried that she doesn’t answer my calls sometimes. I know she’s safe and that when I come back she will be alive. I smiled as I looked back at the photo of her. She is the one for me. When I get home I will spend all the remainder of my time with her. I hear the opening of the sliding door.

Khalil: Diggy the food is here.

I walked back into the hotel room. I put my phone back on the charger. That’s when I got a sick feeling.  Why didn’t she answer my calls? Never mind I’m just being paranoid. Elana is probably at home right now in my bed watching TV. When I come back it’ll probably smell of her. I grabbed my fork and started eating.