Chapter 52: My Name Starts with K, Not D

I answered the door and there stood Khalil. He walked in and sat on the couch. I was scared out of mind. What do I do he’s here and he already knows.

Khalil: So you’re pregnant?

Iris: *nods head*

Khalil: Possibly by Diggy?

Iris: *nods again*

Khalil: You’re an interesting character. You’re possibly pregnant by my BEST FRIEND.  I saw it coming. The way you look at him and how you hang out with him. But I know the baby in your stomach couldn’t possibly be Diggy’s because you’re not Elana. Your name is Iris. I’m Khalil not Diggy and you’re supposed to love me.

Iris: I do love you I was just drunk that night.

Khalil: I know.  Just a heads up if you really are pregnant we’re through and don’t even bother trying to hang out with Twist because he doesn’t want to get caught up.  Tristen and Elana is going to Miami so where does that leave you? You think I would be mad at Diggy but I’m not. Only thing I’m mad at him for is for telling me to stay with you instead of having another chick. *gets up from couch and leaves*

I cried to thought of that. Everything falls back on me. It’s like I’m losing everyone I actually cared about. Elana says she’s not mad but truth is she’s putting me through living hell and Tristen is probably ashamed of me. I laid on the couch and cried until I fell asleep.

Elana P.O.V.

~~The next morning~~

I kept packing. It was 10:00am. I woke up pretty early. I was excited about going to Miami. I went downstairs to grab more boxes that’s when I saw Russell.

Elana: Hey Russell *smiles*

Russell: Hi why won’t you stay? You’re my big sis.

Elana: I don’t want to be here when the baby comes so I thought I should move out. Plus it’s awkward but what can you do? You have to move on with your life and start over.

Russell: *helps with boxes* but I thought that Iris was with Khalil? I actually liked her more than a friend but she hurt you. I can see through you’re layers of steel.

Elana: *laughs* Russell I’m okay.

Russell: Well look who’s in denial

Elana: *rubs his head* I’m going to miss you the most Russell.

Russell: I’m going to miss you too. *takes boxes upstairs and as they pass Diggy’s room* what about him?

Elana: I’m sure he’ll be fine. Aren’t you excited that you have a nephew or niece on the way?

Russell: No. Daniel is not that much older than me. I look up to him but now I have no one to look up to.

Elana: Hey don’t say that. Diggy makes mistakes. We all make mistakes. Believe me I made a lot of mistakes. But that’s your brother and you’re going to have to be there for him through rough times.

Russell: And you’re his girlfriend. He needs you the most and you’re leaving him in a few days.

Elana: Yeah I am but I won’t be fully out of his life. We’ll still be friends and I’ll visit for birthdays and Christmas. We’ll have fun. By then I will be strong enough to welcome the new baby and watch it grow up to be a strong Diggy or Iris. *lays boxes on bed* Look at it this way. You’re always welcome to come stay at Tristen and I new place anytime. Like for spring break or thanksgiving break whenever. I don’t mind and Tristen won’t either.

Russell: Yeah you’re right!! Awesome so I live in Miami and New Jersey. I can get use to that. *smiles*

Elana: Yep! *laughs*

Russell: Hey I’m going to go check on Diggy.

Elana: Ok *watches as Russell leaves*

Tears magically started to come down. I didn’t want them to so I forced myself not to cry. Truth is I hate Iris for getting pregnant. I hate her for being attractive to Diggy without telling me. Yes I know she was all along. I hate that she is the first girl carrying the child of Diggy’s. That was supposed to be me. I hate her because she filled my shoes. But at the same time I love her because she is like a tootsie pop; Hard on the outside and soft on the inside. Who knows what she is going through right now? Especially since Tristen and I are leaving. I doubt Tristen has even talked to her. Diggy is probably giving her the cold shoulder right now.  I think I should stay but at the same time I have to leave for the better.