Chapter 30: Bad Business

Daniel P.O.V.

It’s 11:00 pm when I finally get done in the booth. I had been in the studio all day today. Roger and Spin was being hilarious as usual.  I wasn’t really tired but I decided to just call it a night. Spin, Roger and I walked out of the studio and stood by the doors of our cars.

Spin: I can’t believe you said that bro *laughs*

Roger: It’s the truth *smiles

Diggy: Both of you is too much *laughs*

Roger: YO Dig is that Elana?

Diggy: Where?

Roger: *points* I’m out of here see you later man. *leaves*

Spin: Yeah me too. *looks at Elana again* what’s gotten into her? *leaves*

I never thought she could stoop this low. She was standing at a corner with slutty dress and heels on. I kept my mouth closed forever. This time I’m going to talk to her, as a friend who wants to give her advice. So I walk down the street and tap her on the shoulder.

Diggy: Elana what are doing out here?

Elana: *starts crying*

Diggy: What’s wrong?

Elana: You probably think I’m a slut but I’m not. I’m forced to do this, please don’t judge me. *starts crying more*

Diggy: What, wait who forced you?

Elana: I have no time to explain. I have to give him his money or he’ll…never mind

Diggy: He’ll what?

Elana: You wouldn’t care, don’t even love me *wipes away tears*

Diggy: Come with me and I’ll explain everything

Elana: I can’t I have to make his money.

Diggy: I got an idea just wait here *runs to car and pulls up opening up the passenger door from inside* get in.

Elana: Are you sure?

Diggy: Yes just get in.

Elana: *gets in*

I drive her all the way to our neighborhood park so we could talk like the first time she said I love you to me. I parked the car and took a deep breath. She turn towards me.

Elana: look Dig..*interrupted*

Diggy: I love you. I love you so much. I made a mistake and I regret that I let you go. I missed you so much. It was hard for me to accept the new you. If you like to wear slutty clothes or whatever that’s you. I just want you back in my life but most importantly I want the real you back because I fell in love with that girl and I’m still am.

Elana: You don’t understand.

Diggy: What? He’s better than me or something? He gives you something I can’t? Know what never mind my feelings. Am I not good enough for you?

Elana: *silent*

Diggy: Alright then fuck you. I should’ve known better in the first place. Some people take advantage of you and then leave you behind. I told you sorry and you must think I’m worthless compared to Jionni. Man whatever, tired of this *starts car*

Elana: Diggy wait…*voice cracks*

Diggy: *stops car* what?

Elana: I been in a bad relationship for the past two weeks. Jionni’s been beating me. I have to whatever he says so I won’t get hit.  Everything bad I did wasn’t my intentions I was forced too. Everyone probably hates me but it wasn’t my fault.

Diggy: I…*interrupted*

Elana: Diggy I love you also. I moved on because I thought you didn’t love me anymore. It hurts to know that I now can’t live with you or see you anymore. When I left that house, I took a picture of you because I thought we could one day fix it.  But Jionni found it and he beat me because I had it. Then He lit it on fire. He took all the money out of my bag I was going to use to trick him with and he left me there. *crys again* I have bruises on my back because of him.

Diggy: Babe, I’m sorry this happened to you. I promise it will get better from here.  How much do you have to have by the end of tonight?

Elana: 120 dollars.

Diggy: Ok then don’t worry about it. Is he home?

Elana: Yeah why?

Diggy: Because we going over there right now.