Chapter 60: Book 2 Finale

Diggy’s P.O.V.

I escorted her to the table and pulled out her chair. We ordered and food was coming shortly.

Elana: Diggy this restaurant is beautiful. *smiling*

Diggy: Not as beautiful as you *grins*

Elana: *blushes* Thank you. You look handsome yourself. Like always.

Diggy: Well it’s a special occasion. So when you hit Miami, what are you going to do?

Elana: I don’t know. My stuff is going to be delivered a few days from now. But in the mean time I guess I’ll get to know the city with Tristen. But to be honest, I probably won’t leave the house.

Diggy: Good so I won’t have to worry about you getting another guy that’s probably better than me. *smiles*

Elana: You’re the best one. *food comes*

We started to eat. I wasn’t really hungry but I ate anyway. I was too sad and she was the only one who could make it better. It was extremely quiet as we ate and I knew she felt a little awkward but I couldn’t make her feel any better at that exact moment. I started to feel a little dizzy.

Diggy: I need to go outside for a moment

Elana: Are you okay?

Diggy: No *walks off*

Elana P.O.V.

I knew this date was a bad idea. He was so sad I could tell. I wasn’t even hungry that much anymore. So I finish the rest of my salad and put the plate to the side. 5 minutes later he came back feeling better but I know he’s still not happy about me leaving.

Elana: Can I say something since today is our last night together?

Diggy: Uh sure *curious*

Elana: Diggy I love you. I can tell you’re really nervous and sad. I’m just doing what’s best for me. Besides you’re going to be a dad it’s not all that bad. It’s a little creation of you. If it was me pregnant I would be so excited. But it’s not me and I have to get over that. Even though I’m moving to Miami doesn’t mean I can’t come see you. You can call every once in a while if Iris don’t mind. Maybe someday the whole crew could get together and re-unite. I think that would be fun. Now that Iris is pregnant you have to be there for her and not push her away because of that night. Diggy you have a very special place in my heart and always will have. No other guy can top my feelings for you.

Diggy: *kisses her* Thank you. I feel somewhat better. If Iris really is pregnant and it turns out to be a girl, I would name it Elana Audrey Simmons. It was the last name I wanted you to have.

Elana:  And if I ever have a little boy, I would name him Daniel. After you the first guy I ever fell in love with. *tears up and looks down at phone* its 9:30 we should head outside. Tristen is probably on her way in the taxi. *stands up*

Diggy: Ok then *gets up*

Diggy pays for the bill as we leave. We stood outside the restaurant. If I could I would re-wind the date over and over again because I really enjoyed my time with him. As we waited we started talking about the memories we had.

Diggy: Do you remember the first time we met?

Elana: Of course I would never forget!!!

Diggy and Elana: McDonalds! *laughs*

Elana: That wasn’t the most romantic way to meet you know. Btw I lied to you in car about your eyes. I thought you were really cute. I think I started to fall for you then. *smiles*

Diggy: AWW *blushes* *taxi comes and Tristen rolls down window*

Tristen: Come on girl we have a 10:00pm flight to Miami!! *yells excitedly and rolls back up window*

Diggy: I guess this is it then.

Elana: Yeah I guess so.

Diggy: *leans in and kisses her one last time*

Elana: *pulls away* I love you and I’ll miss you *smiles but tears up*

Diggy:  I love you and I’ll miss you too *pulls into a tight hug and then lets go* Bye

Elana: Bye *gets in taxi and they drive off*

I immediately started crying in the car. I’m really going to miss him.

Diggy’s P.O.V.

After the taxi left, I stood there with tears in my eyes. She was gone. But she took a big chunk of my heart with her. I started to walk towards valet as I get a phone call. It was Iris. At this point I didn’t care for what she had to say. But I answered anyway.

Diggy: What?

Iris: *screams*

Diggy: What’s wrong?

Iris: I AM PREGNANT!!!

Diggy: WHAT?!!!

Iris: I’m just playing. I’m not pregnant. I read the test wrong plus I had a hangover explains all the throwing up. *smiles*

Diggy: I have to call you back *hangs up*

I ran to the valet and frantically got into my car. I needed to get Elana before she got on the next flight. I put on my seatbelt as I backed out of the car into the streets. I got onto the freeway and raced the clock. I was pushing the speed limit but I didn’t want to get pulled over. It was 9:55 when I got to the airport. It was crowded more on the inside than the outside.  As I walked in I heard the flight attendant say “flight 14a now boarding” So I started to sprint where the planes were. Just as I made it outside the plane took off. The tears streamed down my cheeks as I seen my girlfriend disappear into the night sky.