Chapter 35: Truth

Elana P.O.V

We sat nervously on the stage. Everyone was looking at us. Who knew Jionni abused all of us at once. This was going to be a crazy assembly.

George: Ok so I want all of you girls one by one to say what Jionni did to you. Tina you go first *hands microphone*

Tina: He hit me and tried to rape me.

Cerrita: He hit me also and he made me loose contact of my parents. Luckily I got them back before they went back to Mexico.

Alondra: He beat me and kept me hostage.

Maria: He abused me and tried to kill me if I was to tell the police

Janae: That fool tried to take me off to Atlanta. He was hitting me and I was fighting back but then he tied me up and held me hostage. If I ever see him again I’m going to break his neck.

George: Elana what about you?

Elana: Well I recently got out of the relationship with him. He use to abuse and he made me get rid of my friends and the people who I thought were my family. Last night would have been the first night I sold myself on the corner if my previous boyfriend wouldn’t have saved me.

George: See students. This happens behind closed doors and outside of school.  If you see you’re classmates or friends in trouble you need to get them away and try to contact the police department. This is a serious matter on our hands. Jionni is in jail. He’s not coming out for a while. So don’t worry. We’ve notified each guardian or parent so they are aware. Students have a nice day and young ladies you have a nice day also and be safe.

~~~Lunch time~~~

Elana: You think everyone will look at me differently?

Iris: No it wasn’t your fault. You’re the victim.

Elana: I guess so *walks into the lunchroom and everyone cheers* what the?

Iris and I sit at regular table and Diggy comes over. I was pretty nervous I still don’t want to tell him I live with Iris.

Elana: Hi everyone

Everyone: Hi

Diggy: *silent*

Khalil: Bro what’s wrong?

Diggy: Nothing *sighs*

Twist: There’s obviously something wrong. Oh I know what’s wrong, don’t worry man she’ll be coming home.

Elana: *goes to Diggy side of table and hugs him and whispers* I love you sweetheart. Don’t be sad because you’re what make me happy.  *goes back to seat*

Diggy:  *smiles*

~~~~~Meanwhile at Shannon’s~~~

Shannon: *calls Justine* Hi Justine how is you?

Justine: I’m okay

Shannon: About Elana is everything ok with you?

Justine: You must have heard the story. I’m not okay, I’m devastated. I didn’t want to believe what Diggy had said even though it was true. I just wanted to believe the lies. It hurts too much to believe the truth. I love her so much and who would have known she was forced to do all those things. I have no idea where she is at. I wasn’t ready to take her in again or to heal the pain. I know Daniel’s mad at me but oh well. I just wonder where she could be.

Shannon: Well she is staying with Iris and I. You can take her whenever you want. I love her so much, she is so sweet. All those bad things I heard about her were untrue because she is a sweetheart.  Just last night she told me I was like an aunt to her. I basically had tears of joy for her to accept me that way. But what she really need is her mother’s support you know to get her through it.

Justine: Her mom died. Remember?

Shannon:  You’re her mother. She needs you. You can’t let go of her like that because she loves you. I can see it. You’re like a sister to me and there are many of times when I need you because you’re that person who can make people feel better. So what do you want to do sis?

Justine: I want to throw her a surprise welcome home party. Maybe Diggy could help too. You know you better help me Shannon. Last time I did it by myself I was rushing so much I put salt in the Kool-aid.

Shannon: *laughs* that party was cool though.  I will help and it sounds like a great Idea. I’m not going to tell Iris because she would probably tell her in the next few hours *giggles*

Justine: Ha-ha I love Iris though. I also love Tristen. She’s a good girl too. Come over and help me plan

Shannon: Over in a sec. *hangs up*