pregnant

I finally got the courage to look at the pregnancy stick on my bathroom counter, taking a deep breath as I did so. At 21 there wasn't too much joy in being pregnant, I just wanted to live a little more before a kid took me down. The pregnancy test read positive and I smiled, yet frowned. I washed my hands and sat back down.

I wasn't sure how to feel. I felt ashamed that Colby and I weren't as careful as we could have been. I sat there and stared at the stick for awhile trying to gather feelings and figure out how I would break the news to him.

I heard the door open downstairs and I sighed hearing Colby run upstairs and jump on the bed, "y/n??" he mumbled, opening the bathroom door.

"I thought you'd be in bed so I went to jump on you but you weren't." He furrowed his eyebrows. "You wanna take a nap?" He smiled, I smiled like an idiot.
"Yes please." I got up, and he took my hand as we laid in bed. my other hand held the stick.

he wrapped his arms around me and laid his head in my lap, as my free hand ran my fingers through his hair.
"Baby, you wanna tell me why you were sitting on the bathroom floor?" He kissed my thigh,"
"uh. I-yes. I have something important to tell you," I spoke and he looked up at me, sitting up.

"I'm not sure how you're going to take this, I don't even know how I'm taking it but-" I stopped my words and sighed,
"what is it tell me" He held my hand, I pulled up the pregnancy test with my other hand showing him.

He looked at it then looked at me with tears in his eyes,
"am you-? am I-?are we-?" He asked and I nodded and began to cry to.
He hugged my tightly and began kissing me softly, and then my stomach.
"were going to have a little 'us.'" he smiled widely.

"listen y/n, I get why you're alittle shocked but, I love you, and I'll love this baby with my life. You're my girl and I wouldn't want to do this with anyone else, it's early but, we can do this together. We can do anything together." I smiled at his words and kissed him.

"You're going to be the best dad ever." he kissed my forehead and smiled.
"And you're going to be the best mom ever."