drunk in japan 2

i didn't know how to end this tbh...

7:34 am
airport

"you ready for this long ass flight?" y/n smirked at me, i shook my head, "i'm ready to take a nap." she laughed, "What's your seat number?" she grabbed my ticket from my hand and read my seat number. "we're sitting next to each other." She smiled,
"What about r/b/n?" i furrowed my eyebrows and she bit her lip, "he took an earlier flight, his mom called saying his sister was having her baby and stuff so."
"ah i see." i pursed my lips.

"flight 123 to California L.A.X."

"That's us, let's get this shit poppin' i miss circa." Elton stated and we all nodded agreeing. We grabbed our carry ons and made our way onto the plane.
"i dibs window seat." Y/n quickly sat in the window seat and i rolled my eyes chuckling, seating myself next to her.

skipping part of the plane ride

"can i get you anything..?" the flight attendant smiled at me, she was beautiful, blue eyes, tan skin, black wavy hair, maybe i stared a little too long because she repeated her question.
"Uh, can i get a coke? thanks." i smiled, "Yes." i handed her my card and she gave me my drink.
"Yoooo, if you don't make a move i will." Brennen spoke from across me. I turned to him, our heads popping into the isle. "what?" i asked, not sure what he was talking about. "That flight attendant she's hot as fuck!" Brennen turned to check her out another time. I rolled my eyes, "yeah, she's hot." I shrugged. "but?" he said annoyed.
"I'm not interested in anyone else at the moment." I turned my head to y/n who was leaned against the window, sleeping with her earphones in. i smiled lightly then turned back to brennen, "fine. i guess we'll just play my favourite game." he smirked, tapping the flight attendant on her shoulder, "have you met Colby?" He smiled, she turned to me and smiled, "you're colby i assume?" she chuckled and i nodded. "listen i'm working but why don't you call me while you're in LA. I leave next week for Italy, so don't wait." She smiled slipping her number on my lap, and continued serving people.

I sighed at the paper on my thigh, ripping it to shreds, "Not good enough for ya?" Y/n raised an eyebrow as i turned to her, "uh, she's pretty alright." I shrug. "Pretty hot! I'm not even gay and i think she's hot!" i laughed at y/n,
"She's not that hot."  "hotter than me." Y/n stated and i shook my head laughing, "no way." "Uh, what?" she asked, "uh, i mean, as a guy, i'm stating, you're way more attractive than her, more attractive than any girl on this plane, on earth? i don't know." i laughed, she turned her head more to look at me and i realized what i said, "shit i-uh, nah, you're not that hot, you're right." i bit my lip nervously and she laughed, "colby why are you sweeter than my own boyfriend?" she sighed leaning her head on my shoulder. "because your boyfriend is an asshole." I stated and she bit her lip.

"can i tell you something?" she whispered and i nodded, "yes. anything." i held her hand to comfort her. She intertwined her fingers with mine,fidgeting with my fingers, staring at our hands, i smiled, like for once we were actually feeling something mutually.
"I think i'm gonna break up with r/b/n, he's never what i wanted. I don't understand why it took so long to realize that."  "Only took a year." i teased her, "shut up." She looked up at me rolling her eyes. "You're too good for him anyways." she smiled at me, "More like not good enough for anyone.." she trailed off looking away, she was so insecure, yet so beautiful and it was the worst feeling in the world knowing the girl you loved, barely loved herself. "you need to realize you're one of the most amazing girls i've ever met. Seriously. love yourself, you're loving and selfless and beautiful. You deserve the stars and universe and everything anyone could give you." She tightened her grip on my hand and smiled, "You make me so happy Colbs. but things are complicated." I leaned my head on hers, that was still resting on my shoulder.
"i know."

Lax, California
arrival

i stared at y/n, as she grabbed her suitcases, i had to decide if i was going to delete my message or not, considering she was dating someone, i was thinking of deleting it by borrowing her phone and just deleting it, but the other part of me wants to let her hear it, she was breaking up with r/b/n and we shared such a connection, but she also needed time to love herself and she could not have feelings for me.

"omg that's colby brock!! AND ELTON CASTEE!"
"Don't forget brennen!!!!"
"AND Y/N!!" fangirls yelled.

One came up and hugged me, "sorry, i love you!" she yelled. "i love you too." i laughed, she let go of me and ran to y/n and hugged her tightly, y/n laughed, "so when are you and colby gonna date?! i love r/b/n don't get me wrong but, you and colby have so much chemistry!!" she jumped up, y/n laughed and looked at me, then back at the girl, "i don't know, maybe in another universe." She gulped looking back at me and then the girl again.
"but you guys gotta take chances!" she smiled and y/n nodded whispering something in the girls ear, the girl giggled and turned to me, y/n winked at me as the girl ran off.
I decided i'd let y/n hear my message, wether things went wrong or right. i was tired of repressing them.

2:34 am

My phone rung and i picked it up, awake because of the jet lag. "colby?" y/n's voice filled my ear, "oh hey y/n/n, jet lag too?" i laughed, the line was dead silent as soon as i stopped. "i broke up with r/b/n." She stated, i smiled, "that's nice.." i replied. I heard her swallow hard, "i went through all my voicemails.." she began and i bit my lip, "colby when did you plan on actually telling me you were hopelessly in love with me?" I stared at my ceiling and thought about it for a second, "never." The silence killed me, "why?" she said dryly, "because, you were with r/b/n and you loved him."
"I didn't love him colby! i thought i did!" She yelled, she began to laugh and i was confused, "what's happening?" i asked.
"i don't know." She took a breath, "colby i've been waiting so long for you to tell me you fucking love me, i thought it wouldn't happen, that i was hopelessly in love with a fucking careless boy. i dated r/b/n to make you jealous! it didn't seem to work so i decided to try and move on but it didn't work! it just got worse! But Do you actually love me?" She asked, "yes." i quickly replied without hesitation, "do you want to be with me?" she asked, "no." i replied. The line was quiet again and i opened my mouth to speak as she began to cry, "i'm not good enough am i?" "No! y/n! of course you are!! i'm coming to see you. give me five minutes."

I opened her door and walked straight to her bedroom. she sat up and looked at me.
"you don't wanna be with me?" she looked like a sad puppy, i sat down and hugged her, "that's not it! of course i do, but you need to fix things first, like loving yourself first, that's really important.." I brushed her hair out of her face and she smiled, "can we work on it together?' she asked, "yes, i can show you how you should love yourself." I smirked, she pulled my face to hers kissing me. "Am i a rebound?" i asked, pulling away, she laughed, "lowkey??" we laughed together. She turned on her netflix account, playing some random show as she laid my arms. "You're going to be a good teacher." Y/n stated as i kissed down her neck. "oh shut it." i laughed and continued.