Iris

cover by sleeping with sirens.
the most beautiful song ever written.

i have to ask. PLEASE play the song while reading, it goes purposefully with this chapter and i just love it and would appreciate it so much, but you do you!

Colby's hand laid on y/n's lap, during a movie they enjoyed together. that was all he thought about the whole time, his hand felt hot and he smiled to himself, his eyes roaming the girl before him, she was beautiful, and angelic.
"can i stay over?" y/n's eyes roamed Colby, and he nodded quickly. She smiled angelically, as they went upstairs to his bedroom. No one was home tonight so they took it for granted.

"Colby, are you doing okay?" y/n asked rolling towards him, her body facing his as they laid in his bed. there was much she didn't know about him things he wanted her to know but he felt very connected to her, she was understanding, unlike everyone else. "yea." he replied and she rolled her eyes, "be honest with me." she stared at him and he sighed, "I'm not as happy as i seem, i guess." He shrugged, her eyes stared into his and he gulped intimidated.
"why not? Why dont you ever tell me this kind of stuff?" she asked, "because, it's hard to talk about." he admitted and she rolled her eyes, "of course it is, but i want you to talk to me, it's why we're friends Colby.." her eyes left his for a moment. He sighed, "have you been cutting?" She asked and he nodded slowly, she shook her head, tears formed in her eyes, "You're so beautiful, why do you do that to yourself?" she stated and Colby didn't respond.

"Let's be happy and ourselves okay?" She slowly got up, pulling him with her. She pulled him against her own body, and she wrapped her arms around his neck, her eyes staring into his.
"We can listen to some Pierce the Veil and lil peep together okay?" she offered and he nodded a smile growing on his saddened face.
As she played their favourite song they both laughed and danced together. Eventually the music stopped playing and by then they were both laying on his bed again. They both stared at the ceiling, "there's so much of yourself you don't let people see." Y/n said to her friend, and he sighed, "i dont want the world to see me cause i don't think that they'd understand." His eyes left the ceiling and found her again, he studied everyone of her features. "when everything's meant to be broken, i just want you to know who i am."  colby said softly y/n's head turning to his, she pursed her lips, this time she studied his face, and his every feature.
"i just don't wanna miss you tonight." he whispered lightly, she stared into his blue eyes, sensing his pain, and everything she'd ever felt for Colby mattered in this moment. Her eyes watched his lips, she leaned in slowly, allowing her lips to touch his, as they collided.  Colby kissed her back and then pulled away, his eyes staring into hers, he had waited for this moment, imaging it in his head so many times, he never thought it could be real.
"You don't want the world to see you, cause you don't think that they'd understand, but i know who you are and i understand." she said, as if it was music to his ears, he smiled lightly at her and kissed her once more.