i miss you

inspired by I miss you, by blink 182
covered by lil peep

Where are you?
And I'm so sorry.
I cannot sleep, I cannot dream tonight,
I need somebody and always.

I pursed my lips thinking of y/n, and her beautiful smile, she was around a lot lately, with Sam and I, she was probably interested in him.
I sigh, biting my lip, I wanted her next to me, by my side.

the sick strange darkness, comes creeping on, so haunting, every time,
And as I stared I counted,
the web from all the spiders, catching things and eating their insides.
Like indecision to call you, and hear your voice of treason.
will you come home and stop this pain tonight?
stop this pain tonight.

I held my phone above myself, looking at her contact. I could click it, and call her but what would be the point? She could never love me.
I shook my thoughts away and clicked her contact, I missed her enough, I needed to hear her voice.
"Colby?" She answered, I smiled, "hi y/n."
"hi colbs." "You're cute." I laughed and she did too, "awh so are you."
"It's almost two, what's up?" She asked, "Can't sleep."
"Me neither. You want me to come over?-" she interrupted herself, "I'm sorry, I invited myself over." She giggled. "No it's fine, I want you to come over." I assured her and she quickly replied "okay."

don't waste your time on me,
you're already a voice inside my head.
Don't waste your time on me,
you're already a voice inside my head.

"Wait, y/n, don't come." I said before she could hang up. There was silence for a moment and she finally spoke, "Why? Did something happen?" I thought about that question for a second, no, nothing happened, I just really like you, but I can't tell you because you'd never want me back around you.
"No, just- don't come if you don't want to."
"Colby of course I want to. I asked you, remember??" We laughed and I bit my lip, "yeah."
"I'll be there in a bit okay?"
"Yeah. alright."

I opened my eyes and took a breath, if only that could actually happen, but my dream will stay a dream. I shut my phone.
Not calling because she could never feel the same.