Chapter Five

Katniss POV-

"I don't think I should be here." Peeta tells me nervously as we approach the front door of Finnick's house.

"Don't be nervous." I say.

"I've talked to them like four times since Monday, I'm a little nervous."

"Don't be." I say opening the door.

"Hey, Finnick...Peeta and I are here!" I yell as I walk into Finnick's house, dragging a very nervous Peeta behind me.

A few seconds later we are greeted by Finnick's mother.

"Oh, Katniss." She smiles warmly, embracing me.

"Hi, Mrs. Odair. I'm I don't know where Finnick is but since he isn't around I want to introduce you to our new friend. Peeta Mellark." I say.

Peeta smiles shyly and kind of hides behind me which is ridiculous because he is about a whole head taller than me.

I realize what he is doing and I get behind him, pushing him towards Finnick's mom. He gives me a look and shakes her hand.

"You just make yourself at home and have fun with these crazy kids." Mrs. Odair warns Peeta.

"Yeah, it can get pretty crazy with Finnick." I laugh.

Mrs. Odair chuckles and hugs me again, "Well, we have to get going. I'll see you some other time, sweetheart."

"Okay, have a good night. I'll keep everyone in line." I tease her.

She laughs, "You might have to."

I laugh and she kisses my cheek, "Bye, Kat."

"Bye." I say and she leaves as Finnick's Dad honks from the car.

Peeta turns to me, "Well, she seems nice."

"She's really nice." I assure him.

Mrs. Odair and I are really close.

She helped feed Prim and I for months after my Dad died and talked to me about it all.

I love knowing I can come to her with anything.

Just then, Finnick comes in.

"Guess since you two were the last ones to arrive, you can get the pizza and the movie." He tells me.

"Finnick, this is your party. Why didn't you just get it yourself?" I complain, rolling my eyes.

"Oh hush, Kat." He winks at me, handing me some money, "I know you want to be alone with him." He whispers in my ear.

I give him a glare and pray Peeta didn't hear that.

He got extremely uncomfortable when someone said something similar earlier.

"You'll learn that Finnick is lazy and childish." I tell Peeta as we get back in the car.

He chuckles, "He's very nice though."

"True but he's a brat. He's been one of my best friends since I was little." I explain.

"That is so cool. So have you been friends with all of them that long?"

"Yeah, all of them. You're honestly the only person I really have ever become friends with outside of them." I tell him truthfully.

Peeta laughs, "I'm truly honored." He says, clutching his heart.

I smile to myself and drive to a movie box and we pick out two movies, then I drive to the only pizza place nearby and go up.

The parking lot is empty and I read the sign on the door.