Chapter Seventy-Two

Peeta POV- (5am, the next day)

Before I know it, my alarm goes off, signaling that it is time for work.

Luckily, I only work until eight this morning.

After, I'm going to the apartment office to get the keys to Katniss and I's apartment.

Then I'm going over to Katniss's to get a load of her stuff and take it over to the apartment.

Today is going to be a long day.

I pull on some jeans and a t-shirt and head down to the bakery.

"Hey, Son. Would you start making this cake for a costumer that called yesterday?" My dad asks as I walk into the kitchen.

"Sure. What was the order?" I ask him.

"It was a vanilla cake, white frosting, with little red rosettes on top. They'll pick it up at ten this morning so try to have it done by the time you leave." He instructs me.

"Yes, sir. I will get it done." I tell him and he pats my back, smiling as he walks away to get some flour from storage.

I wash my hands and begin to gather the cake ingredients.

Soon after, I am putting the cake batter into the pan, place it into the oven and I begin the frosting.

I look at the time and it's almost six.

I finish up the frosting and begin spooning some into the piping bags.

About thirty minutes later, the cake is finished so I place it into the freezer to cool.

I go over and finish up some other orders.

A few customers later, I decide to begin frosting the cake. After I evenly distribute the frosting all over the cake, I begin the little rosettes.

When the cake is complete, I place it into a cake box and then put it into the fridge.

It's seven now.

I go into the front and help a few more customers and then someone comes in that I haven't seen since graduation night.

"Haymitch?" I ask he comes whisking into the bakery front.

"Hey, Peeta. I forgot your family owns this place. This is a great bakery, the best in Panem." He says, shaking my hand.

"Well, I really appreciate your kind words. What can I help you with?" I ask him.

"I was just coming to see if I could get some cookies for my nephew that is staying with me for a few days." He asks me politely.

I actually really like him when he isn't drunk.

And at the moment, he doesn't seem to be.

"Oh okay. How many do you need?" I ask him.

"Um, two dozen...I mean Uncle Haymitch likes cookies too. Oh and sugar cookies, please?" He asks with a chuckle.

"Okay." I smile and retrieve his order.

"Peeta?"

"Yeah?" I say.

"I just wanted to thank you for being one of my best students. I am sorry I was a shitty teacher. I am working on that. I haven't drank since graduation." He says, laughing but I could tell he was serious.

I smile, "Haymitch, weren't a shitty teacher. I actually thought when you weren't drunk, you were a brilliant teacher. And I am really glad to hear you stopped and are working on getting things together." I say.