Chapter Twenty-Two

Katniss POV- (2:00 am)

"Katniss?" Peeta shakes me softly.

I open my heavy eyes and I look up at him.

"We fell asleep." He says softly.

"Wanna go home?" He asks.

I feel my eyes drift shut.

"I can either take you to your house or you can come to my house or we can stay here." He suggests.

Where are we?

"Peeta?" I ask him, confused.

He smiles a little, "Yeah, Katniss?"

"Are we okay again?"

"Everything is all better now." He assures me, brushing my hair out of my eyes.

"Good." I whisper back.

He nods, "You ready to go?"

"Yeah." I say, half asleep.

He gives me a grin and goes down the ladder.

"Be careful coming down." He warns me.

I start going down and about half way there he scoops me off, holding me like a baby.

He shuts off all the lights and carries me to his car.

When he sets me down in the seat he slowly leans it back, buckles me up, and I fall back asleep in a matter of seconds.

Peeta POV-

"Katniss?"

"Katniss?" I say again.

"Do you want me to take you home or to my house?" I ask her, even though I am almost postive she is still in a deep sleep.

I hear her grumble at me in her sleep and I can't help but to laugh.

She has no idea how much I like her.

"My house or yours?" I ask her again.

"I don't care." She tells me.

"Or we could stay here."

"Let's go home. To your home." She says.

I grin and drive an hour and a half back to my house in District 12.

At about 3:30am, we finally arrive at my house.

I pull up and shut the car off, "Katniss, we are here." I nudge her arm gently and she doesn't reply or even move.

"Hey." I say softly, moving her hair out of hair face.

"Are you sleepy?" I ask her, grinning.

Again, I get nothing so I grab our stuff and shove it into my pocket, then I get my bakery key ready.

I go to Katniss's side and carefully unbuckle her, picking her up.

Half way there, she sits up and wraps her arms and legs around my body and puts her head in the crook of my neck and whispers, "I'm not sleepy, Peeta." She says sarcastically and then she lets out a breathy laugh.

She heard me the whole time.

This makes me laugh, "Why did you fall asleep then?" I ask her.

"Because you're so boring." She tells me quietly as her grip on me tightens and that suppresses a chuckle out of me.

A few seconds later I hear a soft snore in my ear and I know she's asleep again.

I finally make my way to the bakery front and without disturbing her, I unlock the door and sneak up the stairs and straight to my bedroom.