Chapter Eighty-Nine

Katniss POV-

"Wake up love birdies of the house!" I hear Finnick scream as I did almost two years ago at the first sleepover that we had with Peeta.

The night of pizza fun and Candy Land and nightmares too.

I'm laying on my stomach and Peeta is too.

Our faces are buried into the pillows.

Peeta lifts his head up enough to see where Finnick is standing and chucks his pillow at him, hard, "Get out of here, Finnick!" He shouts but I know he doesn't mean to be rude.

Finnick is just too obnoxious to deal with this early in the morning, especially since we haven't seen him in a long time.

"Yeah, Finnick! What if we were naked and you burst in here like that?" I ask him, laughing.

My head slightly down and hair canopying my face.

"I knew that you wouldn't be." Finnick says, smirking.

Peeta snorts into his pillow, obviously feeling both amused and annoyed.

"Hey, I'm just saying. You have shit to do, Peeta. And Katniss, Annie, and I have shit to do too." He says.

"What does Peeta have to do that we don't have to do?" I ask, confused.

Peeta lifts his head up quickly and glances at me, "I have something to get done but you and Finnick here, are going to go explore the town, okay?" He says and shoots Finnick a look

"Well, I'll meet you two downstairs soon." Finnick says, leaving, but I stop him.

"Finnick. Back it up!" I holler and he does as he's told.

He turns around and re-enters the room.

"What is going on?" I ask them, suspiciously and glance at the two guys that I call my best friends.

"Nothing, I swear." Finnick says, sounding scared of me.

"I promise you, Katniss. Nothing is going on that shouldn't be." Peeta says setting his hand on my lower back.

I roll my eyes, "Go, Finnick." I say and Finnick leaves, shutting the door behind him.

I immediately let my face fall back into the pillow, my head slung forward.

Peeta runs his hand up and down my back softly.

"Peeta, I have no reason not to trust you but I just don't like secrets and we are suppose to be spending time together. It's like something else is more important than that." I explain.

"Katniss, I know and I am sorry but it is for a reason. You are mine and I am yours and anything else is unthinkable." Peeta assures me, innocently.

I know he would never do anything bad but I just don't like this.

Finnick knows and I don't.

"This is suppose to be our vacation and you're ditching me the first day." I whisper softly.

Peeta chuckles, "I'm not ditching you, but I'll tell you what, by the end of the day, if you still think it was unfair for me to leave you out of this then you can be mad."

"Fine."

Peeta leans down and kisses my forehead, "Let's get up and we can start this day?" He suggest and I agree.

We get out of bed and begin dressing.

I put my green bikini on, throwing a sundress over it and I let my hair fall in soft waves as they do naturally.