Chapter Thirty

Peeta's POV- (Saturday, September 19th)

"Happy birthda-oh! What are you two doing?" I hear Ryan say as my door flies wide open.

"David, get in here! Look!" He calls.

My brother David comes running into my bedroom and gasps.

I open my eyes and look up, "What?" I groan.

What a rude awakening.

They stare at me.

At me and Katniss.

I glance down and notice Katniss is glued to me with her head in the crook of my neck.

She must've woken up not too long before and did this because I know for a fact, I put her in my bed last night and slept on the floor.

My moving wakes her up and she smiles and looks into my eyes, just before she can speak, my brother interrupts her.

"What are you two doing?" Ryan asks.

"Dad is gonna be pissed if y'all had birthday sex or something in the house." David says.

Katniss jumps at the sound of my obnoxiously loud brothers and sits up, her face bright red as she realizes what's going on.

"Get. Out. Of. Here." I yell at them angrily.

I throw a pillow at David and it hits him right in the face.

"And even if we did, you both have sex in this house all the time!" I tell them.

"You're just mad because you don't." Ryan says and they leave, slamming the door shut.

Katniss's face is bright red but she just laughs at my outburst, burying her face back into my chest embarrassedly.

I usually don't get so easily upset but they're both on my last nerve.

"I'm so sorry. I just saw you down here when I woke up at like 6:30 and you we're still asleep. Anyways, I came down here and then fell back asleep but didn't realize we'd be sleeping so late." She apologizes to me.

I sigh, "Katniss, it's okay." I laugh, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her closer.

"I swear they are both going to get an earful from me after you leave." I say.

She laughs, "I think you just did. You don't think that will help?"

"I guess not." I groan kissing the top of her head.

She smiles a little and turns to kiss my jaw softly.

"Happy Birthday, Peeta." Katniss whispers to me.

"Thank you, beautiful." I say with a cheesy grin as I stare into her perfect gray eyes.

"Last night was so much fun." She exaggerates with a playful wink.

She knows just as well as I do, that my brothers are outside my door, listening.

"Yeah, last night was really fun. We should do that more often." I say.

I know they're out there and what this sounds like to them.

I laugh a little and so does she, both of us holding our hands over our mouths to muffle the sound.

"I knew it!" I hear David squeal.

"Little brother isn't a virgin anymore!" Ryan laughs.

I can hear them high five and they're off.

I roll my eyes and then look to Katniss who is giggling, I hug her tightly and we just stay there for a little bit.

"So, how does it feel to be an official adult?" She asks me.

"Well, not much different. I actually keep forgetting it's my birthday." I admit with a shrug.

"You can't forget today and unless you have other plans, I made us some." Katniss says, excitement in her eyes.

I raise my eyebrows, "What might these plans be?" I ask her, curiously.

"It's a secret. And you aren't getting it out of me." Katniss says in the same tone I use when I tell her the exact same words.

I kiss her temple and we sit up.

"Please?" I ask her, giving her puppy dog eyes.

She shakes her head, "Nope."

I stand up.

"What are you doing?" She asks me.

"Well, if I wanna know, I better get up, right?"

"Oh, yeah." She laughs.

I stand up and walk to my closet.

I pick out some clothes for the day and then I walk over to where Katniss is still laying down, watching me.

I hold my hand out for her to grab and she just looks at me, confused.

"You need to get ready too, right?" I say.

Katniss chuckles, "Yeah." She says as she takes my hand and I gently pull her up.

"I'll be back at 9." She tells me, gathering her keys and phone from my bedside table.

"Okay, I will be ready. I love you." I tell her, pecking her lips.

"I love you too, birthday boy." She says, blowing me a kiss and I catch it, putting it on my cheek and she just laughs.

Katniss walks out of my room, smiling wide.