Chapter Sixty-One

Katniss POV- (Graduation Day. End of May)

"Wow!"

I blush. 

"Katniss, you look so beautiful." Peeta says as he spins me around, then pulling me close to him.

"Thank you. You look handsome, as usual." I say, kissing his lips softly.

We have an hour before graduation and he is at my house, getting ready with me.

"We have an hour. You wanna go grab something to eat?" He asks.

"Yeah but I am not hungry." I nervously reject.

"Aw, come on, Katniss. I know you're hungry. You are just nervous." He gives me a knowing look.

"I am really nervous." I admit with a laugh.

"Hey, it'll be okay. We will do fine." He says, kissing my temple.

"I know but this means we are officially adults and we won't live at home anymore soon. We are almost adults, Peeta." I say, intertwining our fingers.

I couldn't wait to grow up but now that this milestone is her, I am kind of sad.

"But that's good."

"I'm really scared."

"I mean it's not like your mom is kicking you out tonight or anything." Peeta jokes.

I smile just a hint, still too nervous.

"Let's go to dinner?" Peeta pushes and I nod.

We walk down the stairs and Prim throws herself into mine and Peeta's arms.

"Katniss, you look so pretty!" Prim squeals.

I smile, "Thank you, Little Duck." I say kissing the top of her head.

My mom takes Peeta and I's picture and we let her know we will see her later tonight.

We walk outside to his car.

I take off my heels and Peeta helps me in, shutting my door and gets inside too.

"Where do you wanna eat, my love?" Peeta asks me.

I shrug, "I don't care. Something quick because we have to be there soon." I remind him.

"What about this old place?" He asks me, pulling into the bakery.

"Uh, okay." I laugh, confused.

He parks out front and helps me out of the passenger seat.

He puts my heels back on my feet and he helps me out.

"Close your eyes." Peeta says right before we get to the door.

I close my eyes and a few seconds later, I hear the bell that tells me we have entered the bakery.

I keep my eyes closed as Peeta leads me to a table and helps me sit.

"Okay, open them." Peeta says and you can hear the smile in his voice.

I open my eyes and I see the bakery has been transformed with lights dangling all around and soft music begins playing.

All of the tables, except ours have been removed and his brother's approach us.

Peeta's two brothers are dressed in suits, they each bring us something on a platter.

I laugh and Peeta smiles at his brothers and they nod, leaving us alone.

"Thank you." I nod to the three Mellark boys.

"Well, eat up, we don't have long." Peeta teases me.