Chapter Ninety-Five

Katniss POV- (About four days later)

My eyes flutter open and focus on Peeta, who is fast asleep next to me.

His hair is canopying his eyes and in a blond mess. His long eyelashes shine in the light from the window that he leaves open while we sleep.

It's one of the many little details that I love about him.

Over time, I have found out a few precious things about Peeta Mellark.

He is not only a painter and a baker but somehow manages to never take sugar in his tea.

He always double-knots his shoelaces and he has a habit of sleeping with the windows wide open.

I've known it since the first time that I slept in his room.

I bring my hands up to his face and I gently brush his hair away from his eyes, untangling it from his eyelashes and rest my hands on his chest that is rising and falling with every breath.

I lay here for a long time, just staring at him.

Peeta says that he's loved me since day one and I loved him too, it just took me longer to realize it.

I never thought that I would find anyone, let alone someone who treats me so well or someone who would change my mind about everything I never thought I wanted.

I remember all the bad times before I knew Peeta, when I had no one and felt like my world was concaving but now he's here.

Every bad day I've had since, he has stuck by me and that's why I know that I am not going to go wrong in marrying him.

"Good morning."I hear him say in a soft, innocent voice, obviously smiling.

I look down to see Peeta's eyes are open and he turns to his stomach so that his chin rests on the space below my collar bone.

"Good morning." I say, smiling.

"Did you sleep well?" He asks me sincerely and looks into my eyes.

My face heats up at such a normal gesture and I nod my head as I look away so he doesn't see my smile and red face, "Yes. You?" I ask, looking back down at him.

"Yes, every night I'm with you." He whispers, bringing his lips to my shoulder.

My heart beats fast and my skin tingles when his soft, warm lips hit my skin.

"Stop." I say, laughing.

He let's out a little chuckle and does it again, resting his lips on my shoulder this time, grinning.

"Peeta." I whine, amused by his silly but intimate actions.

He moves his lips to kiss my collar bone a few times then looks up and blushes.

"What?" He asks breathily with a crooked smile.

I scrunch my face at him, even though I don't want him to stop and he knows it.

"You know what." I say, sweeping more hair out his face.

He shrugs and lays his head back down on my arm and just stares up at me.

"Why are you staring at me?" I ask him with my eyes also locked on his.

He smiles slightly and raises one of his eyebrows up.

"We are having a staring contest." Peeta whispers back with a smirk.

I purse my lips in amusement and try not to blink or break eye contact.

"You know, you need a haircut." I whisper.

He snorts, "I don't think so."

I laugh, "Your hair is all in your face and eyes."

"That's alright. I can still see you perfectly." He says, continuing to stare right into my soul.

After a few minutes he finally breaks and blinks.

"You win! That was drying my eyes out!" He says, rubbing his eyes vigorously.

"Wouldn't want to dry out that sea of blue, would we." I tease him, sitting up with the blanket over my chest.

Peeta sits up too.

"I love you." He says nudging my leg with his thigh.

I smile and kiss his cheek, letting him know that I love him too.

"Well, how should we spend our last weekend in District 12?" He asks, getting up from the bed and putting on a shirt and some jeans.

I throw my head back onto the pillow and watch his as he dresses and primps in the mirror.

"I don't know." I say and throw my pillow at him.

He gives me an offended look and picks it up.

"What was the for?" Peeta asks and chunks it back at me, playfully.

"You looked like Finnick, posing in that mirror and playing with your hair. It was creepy." I laugh and get up and wrap my arms around his waist.

"Oh gosh." He says looking down at me and I look up.

"I know, right?" I smile crookedly.

"I know what we could do." I say.

"What?"

"You could go get a haircut." I tease him.

Peeta snorts, shaking his head and then coming over, kissing my nose.

"You are so beautiful." Peeta whispers to me.

I laugh, "Thank you." I whisper back, my lips now centimeters from his.

I feel his breaths get heavier and I bring my hands to his cheeks and kiss his lips hard but full of passion.

"Boom. Boom. Boom." Peeta says, imitating the 'fireworks' that go off when we kiss.

He always makes fun of me for comparing our kisses to fireworks.

"Boom! Boom! Boom!" I repeat.

He chuckles and grabs my hands.

We begin dancing around the room together crazily, with no music at all.

He leads me in a little dance and I follow him.

We roam around our bedroom, looking like crazy people.

Since the window is open and there isn't music playing, I'm sure we look crazy to anyone in the outside world.

I don't care what others think of us, we can be crazy together.

We can be the crazy in love couple that dances to silence and acts like idiots and that wouldn't be a bad thing to be remembered for at all.

It's not a bad thing to be crazy in love with someone who is equally, crazy in love with you.