Chapter Seventy-Five

Peeta POV-

"Katniss? Prim and I have some things to discuss with you." I say seriously as she comes back into Prim's bedroom.

"Uh oh. Now what did I do now?" She asks, throwing her hands up.

"Well, let's see... You and Peeta are leaving me, but that is part of this discussion." Prim says sassily.

"Woah, Little Duck." Katniss laughs but Prim doesn't crack a smile.

She looks at me and I shrug.

"Don't keep me waiting." Katniss says.

"While we talk, please fix my braid because he messed it up?"

Katniss raises her eyebrows at me and begins to unravel Prim's original braid.

"Well, Prim and I made a pact a while back." I begin.

She nods her head.

"Prim asked me to protect you, Katniss. She told me that you have always protected her and it was her turn to protect you and she needed my help. It was my intention anyways, to protect you." I explain.

"And I'm afraid that something bad will happen to you two or Mom while you're gone." Prim adds in.

Katniss nods her head slowly, "Thank you both. I really appreciate that, it's really sweet." Katniss says with a sad smile.

"Prim and I changed our pact a bit though tonight."

"Changed it how?" Katniss asks as she is almost finished correcting Prim's braid.

"I promised Prim that I would protect you enough for the both of us as long as she would protect your mother and herself for you and I while we are gone." I tell Katniss.

"I think that is a great idea and that is very thoughtful of you both." Katniss says as she kisses the top of Prim's head.

"I promise to protect you all for as long as I can and Prim, Mom will do her best for you when I leave." Katniss tells Prim.

"I know she will." Prim says.

"Everything will be just fine. As long as we have each other and love one another, we will always be okay." I remind them both.

Katniss smiles at me and Prim stares off into space.

We all three sit there in silence for a little bit.

Just as I am about to break it, Katniss does.

"Peeta, how about we get the last of my things and head home?" Katniss suggest.

I nod my head and Prim hugs us both.

"We will try to come over soon and we can hang out and do whatever you want." I promise her.

"Maybe you can come sleep at our house this summer?" Katniss suggests.

Prim gasps, "That would be so much fun guys!" She says excitedly.

"We will ask Mom soon. Maybe after we get all settled in you can come stay with us for a few days." Katniss tells her.

"I love that idea." I say truthfully.

I think that it would be so much fun to have Prim stay with Katniss and I.

We go get the rest of Katniss's things and take them to her car and then we come back in to tell them goodbye.

"We will see you in a few days." Katniss assures them both.

"I never thought this day would come, especially so soon." Mrs. Everdeen says, tearing up as she holds one of each of our hands.