Chapter Seventy-Three

Katniss POV-

I am really getting worried about Peeta.

He has been pushing himself lately when it's obvious that he needs some rest.

I get to his house and his father is in the living room, watching television.

Maybe he knows what I could do to help Peeta?

"Hello, Katniss. I'm assuming you're here to finish picking up the rest of Peeta's things?"

"Yes, sir."

"Great. I'll help you. Ryan! Come help Katniss and I get your brother's things and take them to her car!" He hollers.

"Dad!" Ryan whines as if he was still a teenager.

"Now." Mr. Mellark says sternly.

A few seconds later, Ryan comes stomping out of his bedroom and sighs.

"Come on. Go help us."

"Hey, Mr. Mellark? Can I talk to you about something privately?"

"Sure, Katniss. Ryan, go get some boxes and take them down for her."

He does as he is told and Mr. Mellark motions me to follow him into the kitchen.

"What's on your mind, Sweetheart?"

"Peeta has been going and going and I am really worried that he is over working himself." I explain, sitting down at the kitchen table across from him.

"I think you're right, Peeta is overworking himself. I could tell this morning he was just completely exhausted. There has been a lot on his mind lately and he's been so excited about starting a life with you that he can hardly handle it."

"I'm excited too. I just don't think I could get him to rest."

"You might be the stubborn one in this relationship but I know my son and he's gonna keep going until it's done."

I sigh, "I know." I frown.

"I'll tell you what. Let him know that he can this next week off to get all settled in with you. If I need him, I'll call him." Mr. Mellark tells me.

"Thank you. I have just never seen him so exhausted and I've been so worried. If you need anything or any help at all, I can help out." I promise, but honestly, a little bit unsure that I'll be of much help.

"Well, I really appreciate that, but you just help make sure he rests, okay?"

I let out a sigh of relief, I really don't think I would be any help to the bakery, honestly.

I nod my head, "I can do it. Thank you again, for everything."

"Sure thing. If you want, we can go get the rest of his things and maybe you can get them back to your apartment and get to resting faster."

"I sure hope so. I'm gonna try to convince him to let me put everything up but I know he's not gonna let that slide."

He smiles, proud and shakes his head, "That's my boy."

I smile and we go to Peeta's bedroom and his dad and brother help me pack everything into my car.

I get back to the apartment and I carry as many boxes as I can and lug them up the stairs.

Luckily, Peeta is fast asleep.

Quietly, I unpack his things and place everything in the room it goes in.

I decide to drive to the store and purchase new hangers for our clothes. And I buy some food and some other things we needed like toilet paper and paper towels and things like that.