Try Try Again [Daithi De Lui]

!!this story deals with suicide!!

over 1500 words

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lui's P.O.V

I sat there crying, crying my little heart out while Nogla laughed in the other room with his friends, I was silent. I wouldn't want him to know I was crying, why? Because asking for help is weak. I can't ask for help, I don't want to be put on medication, I don't want to see a therapist every week. I want no part of that cycle.

I felt alone, my room felt dark and empty, like if I made a sound there would be an echo, but I was silent, muffled cries for help like I was kidnapped and there was duct tape over my mouth.

I could see my alarm clock's bright red numbers, 3:45 pm.

Nogla should be done recording by now.

I felt panicked because I couldn't find my hoodie, then it hit me, it was downstairs.

I opened the door slowly still hearing Nogla's laughs and screams from rage, I walked down the stairs which creaked, Nogla stopped laughing.

He knew I never came out of my room until 4 or 5.

I hit the last step and saw my hoodie on the couch back rest, I walk over to it and slip it on, making sure my tear stained face was hidden along with my red eyes.

I heard Nogla's door close.

"Lui?"

I turned around to see him standing on the last step of the staircase, he waved and smiled.

I didn't speak, If I said anything, ANYTHING he'd know somethings wrong, I just waved and walked past him quickly to get back to my room.

"Oh okay"

he sounded disappointed as stepped into the hallway upstairs, he opened the fridge, I could tell because that one door made a weird sound, it was all too familiar, feels like everyday is the same system.

I headed for my room, but stopped in front of the washroom we share, I don't know why I stopped, it felt like I was suppose to stop. Like a force stopped me here, and the same force lead me to open the door and lock it behind me.

"Lui want something to eat?"

Nogla yelled up the stairs

I need to say something, he always knows when I don't eat I'm un-happy, but I can't. I can't yell. I can't speak, my throat would croak like a bull frog.

"Lui?"

I looked at myself in the mirror after removing my hood. Red puffy eyes, tear stains down my cheeks, red flustered face, a wreck. An emotional one.

"LUI?"

Nogla yelled a little louder, maybe he thought I didn't hear him the first time.

That strange force pushed me to walk over to one of the drawers, I opened it and found razors, for shaving, shaving cream, band aids, rubbing alcohol, and cotton swabs.

I looked over all of the contents

I heard footsteps walk past the washroom door and stop near the end of the hallway which is where my door resides.

*knock*

*knock*

*knock*

"Lui? want something to eat?"

I was Nogla, he didn't know I was in the washroom.