Jack of All Trades [Krii7y]

This is from one of the TOP winners of my contest!

@ComfyDayDreamer422

They picked the ship, the plot and some dialogue are direct dialogue they gave me to use! Thank you for participating and I hope you like what I did :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this world, your actions and life are chosen at random once you turn 13, a card suit will appear on your hand, it's up to the heart of cards to choose your personality and style, Spades, Clubs, Hearts, Diamonds or rarely the Joker.

Each sign is blessed with something, Hearts are blessed with beauty, Diamonds are blessed with riches, Spades with knowledge and Clubs with strength. Jokers though are blessed with a power called changing their worth. This means they can change the sign on their hand to any of the other suits. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaren goes to Casino high school, he moved at the start of his sophomore year, which was last year, and he still didn't have many friends, it's probably because he always wore leather gloves so nobody could see what suit he had, he didn't want people to be-friend him for a stupid blessing.

John however, made sure to let everyone know he's the king of hearts, the most popular guy at the high school, making men and women fall head over heels for him at any given moment; he lived for the attention.

John usually arrived late to class, but today he somehow managed to get here on time, when he walked through the door into first period class everyone was all over him, the whole class trying to talk to him at the same time, he even noticed the teacher trying to get his attention. John smiled and threw a piece of mint gum into his mouth and pushed past everyone, they kept trying to talk to him and get his attention, two female students started to pull at each other's hair after arguing who was going to marry John. John looked around, all the seats were empty since everyone was standing around him, but one seat was still taken at the back.

A boy he's never seen before with his face deep into a book, reading his life away and not paying attention to John or even trying to talk to him, John looked at him and frowned slightly before walking over there and sitting beside the nerdy boy. John sighed happily and put his feet up on the desk in front of him, he waited for the boy beside him to start gushing and bragging about how John chose to sit next to him. The teacher relaxed and everyone eventually got back into school and learning mode, but the boy next to John never stopped reading. Annoyed John cleared his throat he was about to speak but the bell cut him off, and he just shut his mouth and pretending to listen in class.

After class John wanted to learn more about the boy who clearly doesn't know sexy when it hits him in the face, so he followed him out of the class and ignored the mob trying to ask John to join them for lunch later, John ignored them all and caught up with the nerdy stranger, he hadn't noticed but he was wearing leather gloves, did he ride a motorcycle? John stands beside him as the halls are crowded and busy, the boy looks up from the floor and stares at John confused.

"God, what's up with you Spades and your books? Don't you have anything better to do than read and study?"  John said staring at the nerdy boy standing next to him, the other boy scoffed and rolled his eyes. 

"We spades are blessed with knowledge and find it comforting to have our nose in a book, don't you Hearts have anything better to do other than waltz around like some Chinese pottery on legs or is that all you know how to do, mister Kirksmen?" The other boy said, with a slightly annoyed tone. The boy pulled the book he was reading in class out of his bag and opened it back up and started walking away from John. John caught up with him again and walked beside him, ignoring all the hello's and hi's he was getting by everyone he'd pass.