Sushi [Krii7y]

requested by @_Why--Not_

over 1000 words

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John was walking across the beach on a summer's night, he did this often it was his way of clearing his mind of all the bullshit anxieties and problems he had.

The smell of salt in the air, John could taste it, it was so strong.

small waves crashing onto shore, calm airs and the soft sand moving under his sandals.

"Ohhhhhh~ whooa~"

John stopped in his tracks, he heard singing, but it wasn't any singing it sounded like an angel from heaven singing to him, he looked to see if anyone was on the beach, it was empty like it should be at night.

John played it off and kept walking along the shore when he heard it again.

"Oh~ I see your misery~ why don't you come join me~"

John stopped again, he looked at the crescent moon above the ocean, smack in the middle. Like a painted picture it was so perfect.

His vision traveled down until he was looking at the soft sea foam coming off of the waves that hit the sand.

"oh broken one~ join me you'll have fun~ I'll make you forgot who you are~"

"who's there?"

John's gaze went back to the moon, he felt like it was calling him, suddenly without notice he started walking to the ocean, his day dream broken when he was ankle deep in cold water

"what the?"

"ooohhhh~ whoaaaa~"

He squinted, he swear he saw someone swimming but they disappeared.

the faint singing was stuck in John's ear as he went back into a trance, he kept walking into the cold ocean until he was full out swimming, he couldn't tread any longer so he sunk, his eye's a bright blue from starring at the moon.

"kiss me to forget~"

John was spun around by something scaly, he was out of air, he inhales water, it stung but he couldn't swim up, arms wrapped around his waist and a beautiful woman swam before him.

"kiss me"

she spoke, not sung, she leaned in while John tried to wriggle free from her grasp so he can get air and not die, but she wouldn't let go, he started to see white, he was dying. 

he shut his eyes ready for this lady's kiss of death or life, but her grasp was gone, and it felt like he was being dragged under the water, his eyes shot open and he was in fact, being dragged. 

He turned his head under the water, his hair got in the way but it was a man pulling him, he blinked, or what he thought he did but when his eyes shot open he was laying in the sand. soaking wet.

he sat up quickly causing him to cough and cough and cough until water shot out of his mouth.

"you okay?"

John looked to his left to see a man sitting beside him, he was shirtless, John looked away, his face was already red from loss of oxygen so he could just say it was that and not a blush.

"Wh-who are you?"

"Smitty, you are?"

"John... what just happened?"

"well you were drowning, so I saved you."

"how was I drowning? I don't remember getting into the water"