Craft Store [Krii7y]

This is from one of the TOP winners of my contest!

@Smii7i77y 

I am so sorry this is so damn late! I tried to write on my phone but for some reason Wattpad wouldn't let me, I'm using my dad's laptop for this, so it might be a little rushed. T-T 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaren sighed heavily, he looked at the clock on the wall near the exit door, he wanted to take the clock into his hands and drop kick it across the store. Today was a very slow day, on;y like two customers came in today, and it was almost closing but it still felt like forever. He decided to keep himself busy by seeing if his manager needed help she dismissed him to go make sure the front displays are in order since kids like to mess with them. Jaren happily agreed and walked over to the front window. He loved his job at the craft store since he was an art person himself, so he did everything he could to not lose this job. He started to rearrange the display when the bell rung and he looked over to the front door to see a man who looked disheveled and in a hurry, he ran up to Jaren and started rambling on about something. Jaren fixed his glasses on his nose and stood back a little, confused as to what was happening.

"Sir-" Jaren tried to nicely address the man with piercings but he was cut off

"I just- I'm so glad you're open I rushed here so fast I just needed help with-"

"Sir! What is it you need!" Jaren said placing his hand on the rambling male's shoulder. The man jumped and shut his mouth, he then sighed heavily and dropped his head down. Jaren had no idea what was happening, should he call the police?

"I need, I need some canvas and- you now what just show me where the paints and painting section is, I'll figure it out since I've already scared you so much with my stressful rambling." The man said rubbing his forehead like it hurt, Jaren sympathized with the man and lead him over to an area of the store when he ran into his manager.

"Jaren can- Who is this? We're closed now sir, Jaren can you quickly ring him up and make him leave, I'm dying to go home." She said, Jaren stared at the pale man standing beside him, he was cute but he was probably cuter when he wasn't dying of stress.

"No no no, let me take care of closing up and you head home. I promise you it'll be fine, just go rest." Jaren said walking closer to her so he wasn't being so loud. She rolled her eyes and tossed him a key and walked away mumbling under her breath. The stressed male sighed shakily and started gathering the supplies he needed, Jaren watched since he was now apparently supervising this grown man. 

"So... What's got you so worked up like this and rushing over to a local tiny craft store so late at night?" Jaren said, he didn't want to creep the man out by just watching his slow but confident movements, he wanted to strike up a conversation with this stranger.

"I run a small art business, and I got a really hefty commission and I got paid extra to have it done quicker but I don't have any of the supplies and I need to start it now to get it done on time." The other male said trying to carrying everything, he started to drop paints so Jaren helped him carry it all to the register. He paid for everything and Jaren even helped him carry the bags to his car.

"Thank you for staying open for me, you've got a new loyal customer!" The male said before putting out his out, Jaren happily gave him a handshake. 

"Jaren, in case you didn't hear my boss or saw my name tag" The boy laughed and smiled, Jaren couldn't help but smile at the warming feeling in his gut. 

"John." And just like John got into his car waved bye and drove off, Jaren felt a little weird, he's never talked to customer like that before, or felt this way about anyone who's ever come into his store. It was new.

The few days pass and it's pretty busy but Jaren awaits for the return of his friend and supposed 'new loyal customer.' He felt a little bored not having a friendly face to chat to, sure his normal patrons talked to him but it wasn't the same, John was different.

John entered the store, this time much more relaxed and calm. He made his way over to the registers but didn't see Jaren, he started walking past every aisle searching the cute craft store worker.  Eventually he spotted him in the clay aisle and walked down, he didn't know how to just say hi so he started looking at tools he didn't know the names of and kept walking backwards until-

"Excuse me but can you- John?" Jaren said turning around almost dropping the blocks of clay in his hand. John smiled and waved calmly and Jaren's face turned red. 

"I was just... looking for..." John picked up a weird looking knife too small for his hand and waved it in the air. "this... thing..." he smiled and Jaren started laughing, John put the tool back and reached out his hand, Jaren looked at him confused.

"I can help?" John said, it was more of a question but Jaren refused to let the customer help, he shook his head and started to put  the clay on the shelves, John just stood there watching which made Jaren a little self conscious of his movement so he tried to look for confident and less clumsy.

"Hey, I was um... I was wondering if you'd like to go get coffee?" John said awkwardly, he wasn't even sure if the cute worker liked him or men in general but what's the point in giving up so early? Jaren fumbled with the clay in his hand and turned to John with a bright red face and a small smile.

"S-Sure yeah." Jaren said putting the clay on the shelf, he smiled and so did John. The customer then reached into his pocket and tapped away on his phone, soon handing it to Jaren so he can save his phone number. Jaren put his number in and handed the phone back to the cute customer with a blush on his face.

"I'll wait here until your break." John said smiling sweetly, Jaren almost fainted he was flustered.