25 Cents [OhmToonz]

High Score!

"Finally!"

The short boy danced in front of the big machine, he cheered for himself as he reached into his pocket and pulled out another quater and sat on the carpeted floor and waited for the machine to spillout all the tickets he had just won.

After shoving them into his backpack he walked over to the machine beside the one he was just at and pushed the coin in. The screen lit up neon and the into song started playing. A small but memorable chime had him smile.

He started to play getting the levels completed easily. 

"you're really good at that"

the boy jumped and accidentally pressed the wrong button and he lost his final life and the screen glowed red and it said

GAME OVER

"I'm so sorry"

"Thanks buddy, that was my last quarter."

The taller boy scanned the room and saw many kids playing on different machines.

"how much does it cost?"

"25 cents"

The taller boy reached into his coat pockets, his nose was red. The shorter boy as surprised it must be late at night now since it's that cold.

"how good are you at two player games?"

The taller boy stopped searching and looked at the brunette and smiled

"pretty good, but not as good as you, how many tickets have you won?"

The brunette shrugged and pulled his backpack off and rested it on the machine itself, he un-zipped the pouch and pulled out a massive pile of yellow tickets.

"jesus, that's way more than I can ever get."

The taller boy continued to riffle through all his coat pockets

"I'd guess over 2000 in here... but I'm not so sure"

"how much money did that cost??"

"under a ten buck bill"

"how??"

The shorter boy walked over the last machine and tapped a button, the score board came up and he smiled at his name.

1. RYAN

2. RYAN

3. FUCK

4. POOP

5. RYAN

"I'm guessing your name is Ryan?"

"oh right. I'm Ryan."

"Luke"

The taller boy known as Luke smiled when he felt the cold touch of a coin under his fingers and pulled out a quarter and it reflected the light so perfectly.

Luke handed it over to Ryan and he smiled, he shoved it into the machine and the short chime played which Ryan hummed too, Luke backed up as to not disturb him.

"Thanks for the coin"

"No problem, you deserve it after I made you mess up"

Ryan focused on the game and played hardcore, level after level, and after about 25 mins the machine sung a new song

NEW HIGH SCORE ENTER YOUR NAME

"alright! my coin did that!"

Ryan smiled as he started entering letters

1. LUKE

2. RYAN

Luke smiled and shook his head

"why did you do that!?"

"your coin, your name."

Ryan tore the tickets out of the machine and piled them with the rest of his, he gestured for Luke to follow him as he went to the ticket counting machine and started to feed the machine, He let Luke help.

"finally... that took longer than expected"

"how many total?"

"wait guess first... I say I won 2460 tickets"

"I think you have 4000"

"thats too much"

"not enough"

They both laughed as the final recipt came out, Ryan grabbed it and his jaw dropped

"how many!?"

Ryan turned the bill around and Luke grabbed it.

5645 tickets

"HOW!?"

Ryan shook his head and took the paper back and grabbed Luke's hand and ran to the prize counter where the teenage lady was chewing gum and playing on a handhelf game device.

"what do you want?"

Ryan handed the bill over to Luke who gave it right back

"this is yours."

"fine. Not gonna fight, but atleast pick something."

Luke sighed and looked through everthing small and big, he settled on a coffee mug that said

Games 4 Life

Cheesy but made them both smile, Ryan still had over 3000 tickets left so he used them to buy a plushie of his favourite video game character.

"thank you for this mug"

"no problem.. haha"

"will I see you again Ryan?"

Ryan smiled and hugged Luke

"of course, next friday bring more than one coin"

"will do"

"See you soon"

"you too"

They waved bye to each other and walked oppostie directions, the foggy night only lit up by the moon and street lights flickering.

700 words.