Saving Private Ryan [OhmToonz]

requested by @HoratioMiller

WW2 setting

1000 words

(( the title is just cause theres a movie about war called that, so I thought "why not!?" but this has nothing to do with the movive plot, so no don't worry!))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke crossed his arms, he closed his eyes and just took in the salty sea air that he smelt, that hit his face. The cold winds made him shiver in his uniform but it wasn't that cold.

He opened his eyes when someone walked beside him, the man tapped him on the shoulder.

"General wants us inside for lunch, let's go" It was Jonathan, ne of Luke's friends whom he met at training camp, but it's never advised to make friends just in case you lose them, Luke grunted and sighed.

"Give me a few more minutes" Jonathan nodded and walked away leaving Luke to his own devices, he closed his eyes again, trying not to think bad thoughts when he heard someone else wall beside him, he shot his eyes open and saw one of his other frienc Ryan, he was leaning on the metal railing, with his head down.

"you okay Ryan?" Ryan looked up and shook his head no

"I don't want to do this anymore, sure this was my choice but, what if I go man? I got some friends back home..." Luke nodded, he understood but this was for the greater good.

"inside you two!" someone called from the port of the ship, they both sighed in unsion.

"Luke can I tell you something before I possibly die?"

"don't say that Ryan, but yes go ahead" Ryan shifted nervousily, he held on of Luke's idle hands and squeezed

"I like you" Ryan's face was red, Luke knew this was a confession. Being honest Luke really did like Ryan back but he wasn't good with emotions like Ryan was.

"I like you too Ryan, but trust me we will get out of this together."

Ryan smiled, they walked together back inside the ship for lunch before they were yelled at any longer.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

They were ready, guns in hand, grenades at their belt, ammo tucked in pockets and bags. They all lined up, once the boats came to a stop and the backs opened up they all started charging into the water, then to the beach.

Luke was split from Ryan when the bullets started coming for them, loud clangs and bangs from bombs and explosives triggered many of the men, Luke sniped a few and got closer, he was worried for Ryan because he knew Ryan didn't do well under pressure.

Luke sighed when he was well hidden and there was no one shooting at him, all focus was on the people trying to advance.

Luke's happy smile was too soon, he turned to shoot but then a small explosion made him fall onto his face, he screamed in pain but it was very quiet compared to the loud noises of guns and bombs.

His left eye was bleeding, losing a lot of blood from his eye he screamed. he didn't care about the new cuts on his arms and legs, his eye was worth more to him.

His walkie talkie made noise, someone was trying to get to him. He put it to his hear and pressed the button

"repeat that!" he was in so much pain, he kept his head and body low, he let go of the button.

"big explosion, Wrecker, Wine, Thompson and Fong down! I repeat! big explosion Wrecker, Wine, Thompson and Fong down!"

Luke's eye went wide, Wrecker was Ryan's last name... RYAN!

Luke looked around as well as he could to try and find a spot that looked like a big explosion happened, when he spotted a place that could possibly be it, he ran and crawled to that spot to find the four men lying in the sand, possibly dead by now.

Luke dragged Ryan's body behind cover and shook him violently

"RYAN!?"

"Luke..?"

"RYAN!"

"your eye!"

"YOU!"

Ryan's body was missing a leg, arm burnt or ripped open, sand already infecting the wound, his face was bloody and red, he was bleeding more than Luke, crying more that Luke too.

"I'm not going to make it Luke..."

"y-yes you will!"

Ryan choked and spat out blood, he screamed a little when Luke touched th remainder of his right leg.

"sorry..."

Luke knew he wasn't going to make it, with all the people dropping like flies, it was only a matter of time before Ryan left too.

Luke bent down and kissed Ryan's cheek, he held his mangled hands in his bloody hands and hummed to himself a sad song, Luke couldn't even hear himself but he didn't care.

"I love you"

"I-I- Lo-love you"

Luke started to watch Ryan's eyes drain of life, it was too bearable to see.

Ryan was starting to get really shaky, Luke couldn't cry, if he did it would be blood, he just frowned and hugged Ryan, he held Ryan...

Ryan tried to hig back, it was hard for him.

"good....bye...."

"Ryan...."

Luke held him until Ryan stopped shaking, he couldnt feel his breath on his skin anymore, he couldn't feel his heart beat anymore.

Luke wailed and screamed.

eye still bleeding all over his face.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Luke cried silently, holding flowers in his hands, standing above Ryan's little grave they gave him in his home town, Luke would drive out here every month and give him new flowers.

Luke traced over the X marked scar over his left eye, he could still see but it was very hard from that eye.

Luke sat down infront of the memorial, theres a bunch of photos of a happy Ryan, Ryan with a few friends and his dogs.

Luke looked at the sky, it was grey, like the day of the war.

though they won it was hard to not say he lost.

because he did lose

he lost Ryan.

A/n I'm not crying you are......

sorry to make this so touchy feely, god dang why do I do this to myself all the time!!

anyways, this wasn't meant to romanticize war.