Science at it's finest [H20Squirrel]

The room was filled with red, every inch of the room and decor was coated in a red light beaming from the sirens on the walls. People ran from rooms and shoved their ways down tight hallways in a panic, blood was splattered on the floor from people attacking each other trying to leave the building. People would pile up at the security doors trying to leave but the amount of people trying to enter a code or show their I.D was breaking the system. Joe looked up, his head dizzy and vision blurry after being pushed over onto the tiles floors, blood ran down his face coming from his nose. He breathed heavily as someone helped him up and pulled him into a room.

"Where the fuck were you going?" Joe covered his ears, the siren blaring and the person yelling was making his ears ring to an extreme.

"We're suppose to manually lock the doors and vents and you're over here trying to fucking escape and leave me on my own what a bitch" The voice smacked Joe which caused his jaw to lock and sting. He groaned as he held his cheek in pain.

"I got swept away dude, like a current of people-"

"Don't lie to me I know you were trying to fucking leave me behind!" The voice stomped his foot which Joe felt through his sore legs, he could swear he felt like someone had stomped on his shin and now a foot print resides there but he didn't check.

"Fine, is it so hard to want to live?" Joe rubbed his eyes and blinked before seeing his lab partner Jonathan pacing in front of him, all he could hear was shouts, screams and sirens.

Jonathan picked up a glass beaker and threw it against the floor causing glass to fly around like shrapnel.

"Watch it Jonathan..." Joe yelled, trying to hear his own voice over the loud noises. Jonathan walked over to him and handed him a remote like device, with a bunch of codes and buttons on it.

"We wait until people die or calm down, then we go lock everything we can't let it get outside." Jonathan pulled another remote device from his pocket and held it in his left hand with a tight grip his knuckles turned white, Joe groaned when his back started to ache.

"I think someone trampled me." Jonathan laughed in a mocking tone

"Someone? You mean like sixty fucking people, I watched your ass get hauled off by a sea of scientists." Joe rubbed his back and tears pricked his eyes.

"How long was I out?"

"Not that long, you woke up right before I could grab you." Jonathan continued to pace, he put his ear up against the metal door they entered through and frowned.

"Commotion died down, I think it's time we head out and do out jobs-" Just then a loud bang happened right outside the door, Jonathan jumped back the loud banging continued right on the metal door, someone shouting from the other side. His voice so scared and shaky Joe had to cover his ears.

After a while a scream was heard and the knocking stopped, Joe uncovered his ears and almost broke down crying, Jonathan handed him a paper towel, which he used to clean up his bloody face.

"Thank you" Jonathan scoffed and rolled his eyes, picking up a tool belt off a desk.

"Don't thank me yet, we still gotta get through this." Jonathan threw another tool belt beside Joe, he picked it up and tightened it around his waist and frowned

"Are we going to die?"

"What did we create Joe?"

It was silent for a few moments, Joe and Jonathan just stared at each other

"We're going to die."

Jonathan took a hammer out of the belt and started whacking an air vent cover, it was making a very loud noise, Joe started to freak out