Theres No Such Thing [OhmSquirrel]

Requested by @_ijustread_ 

 Everyone around him had someone, they would kiss in public and cuddle on park benches, even some kids younger than him had already seemed to find their "soul mate" if that was even a real thing.

Squirrel kicked rocks as he walked through the park around lunch time, he sighed and tightened his blue scarf around his neck so the bitter cold air would stop hurting his chin, he watched his breath become visible as soon as it left his mouth, his nose hurt against the cold winds.

He looked up and he saw a moving truck driving by, driven by curisoity Squirrel picked up his feet and turned around to follow it, strangely enough it was heading in the direction of his street, soon enough he was basically standing in front of his own house watching the truck come to stop a few houses down. He watched as two big men got out of the truck and opened the back, they weren't wearing sweaters or jackets, probably getting hot just carrying the big boxes and furniture.

Some red car stopped at the house, and a brunette stepped out wearing a big grey jacket and light gray scarf that was flowing in the cold wind. Squirrel's face got warm but he thought it was just the coldness numbing his face, he decided to go introduce himself since, this man is his new neighbour.

"hello?"

The man jumped and turned around, his face red from the frosty winds, Squirrel's heart skipped a beat but he didn't even notice and decided to ignore it.

"Oh hi! who are you?"

Squirrel wanted to mentally slap himself, he scared this man and didn't even say why he's here or-

"I'm trying to move in here, it's cold!"

Squirrel wanted to hide away.

"I'm Squirrel, I'm your neighbour few houses down."

The brunette smiled and his rosy cheeks made Squirrel's guts twist.

"I'm Ohm, thanks for coming... do you mind though? I'm trying to not die of frost bite..."

"right! right... I can help carrying things in?"

"really?"

"yeah"

Ohm smiled and clapped his hands, he walked back to his car and took out a box from the back seats and handed it over to Squirrel, he grabbed a box of his own and told Squirrel to follow him, which he did. They placed the boxes in the kitchen counter, they weren't too heavy but he wanted to be careful as it could be breakable. 

"thank you.. that's all haha..."

"oh, thats fine, I can let you be now-"

"I can make some tea? hot cocoa? coffee? warm.. water?"

Squirrel laughed and nodded, Ohm smiled back and un zipped his jacket. Which made Squirrel feel funny inside but he ignored it brushing it off as new friend jitters.

Ohm made tea for both of them as the mover team drove away after putting the couch down, Ohm paid them well and they were off, he sat on the couch with Squirrel and smiled.

"you can take off your coat..."

"right!"

Squirrel put his tea down and took off his scarf and jacket, sitting back down and sipping his tea. Ohm's face was red but Squirrel brushed it off as him still having a cold face, cause he did too... that's why his face was burning hot.

"So you got a special someone?"

Squirrel was shocked to have been asked that right away, but he shook his head, something wanted Squirrel to lie about having a partner but what was the point of lying to his new friend? His stomach twisted and he coughed slightly before frowning and looking at Ohm's red face.

"I don't... soul mates sounds so dumb, I don't think it's real."

"why do you say that!?"

Squirrel played with his thumbs after putting the hot cup down and looked back up at a frowning Ohm. Squirrel felt as though he was going to throw up.

"I just... kids younger than me have soul mates per say, and I've spent 23 years of my life with no one, and like if you're over 25 they say you have no love... which is stupid and lie cause soul mated aren't real."

Ohm frowned again but smiled slightly, he sat closer to Squirrel and put his cup down and grabbed Squirrel's cold hands which made him jump a little, he looked up to see Ohm's honey brown eyes shining in the white snow reflection from the window.

Squirrel felt like he was about to cry, or throw up.. his guts were twisted and it hurt so much but he held still.

"tell me you don't feel that"

"feel what?"

Squirrel's face went bright red it burnt. 

"your guts, twisting like you have no control like your body is shape shifting.."

Squirrel's heart pounded, he felt the thumping in his throat he found it hard to speak.. this couldn't be...

"I do..."

"that's it.. the feeling of us connecting.. we're meant to be Squirrel"

"are.. are you sure?"

Ohm nodded and kissed Squirrel cheek, the burning in the one spot stopped, and it cooled down he rubbed his cheek and kissed Ohm right on the lips, Ohm fell into the kiss and soon enough Squirrel was on top of Ohm.

Squirrel moaned into the kiss but stopped when he kicked the table and tea spilt.

He shot up and apologised, Ohm just smiled with a smirk on his face and his face was red as all hell.

"you look so.. so cute all flustered."

Ohm lightly hit Squirrel for saying that but he cleaned up the tea and turned on the radio.

Squirrel took Ohm's hands and spun him around and held him close, his stomach stopped hurting and he felt like he had the energy of 1000 cups of coffee.

"Is this what it feels like to be happy with someone?"

"yes Squirrel. It is"

Squirrle kissed Ohm's cheek and slow danced with him until the sun set.

1000 words