Midnight Picnic [Krii7y]

Requested by @Sparks_109 

600 words

sorry its short.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John thought it through, this was going to be so perfect! A full picnic on the top of a hill under a full moon and beautiful stars, they'd drive out for maybe an hour to get away from the city lights, they's lie on a blanket and eat some food while star gazing, it was perfect in everyway, John couldn't wait to tell Jaren.

Jaren though, he had other plans.

Jaren was a werewolf, and tonight he'd secretly get the transformation over and done with in the privacy of his own apartment. 

Jaren locked his door, and turning off his phone, he did this all the time, this was his action plan, now he's pull the shades closed and just sit in darkness until morning. Like always.

John wasn't getting a repl from Jaren, so as a worried boyfriend he needed to see if Jaren was okay, he drove down to his apartment and took the elevator up to the seventh floor. He walked past the many rooms, most of them had music blasting or some TV program, but when John stopped at the front of Jaren's it was dead silent.

John knocked but he got no reply, so he dug around in the plant Jaren had outside his door and pulled out a spare key, he un-locked the door and walked in. dead air.

lights off, blinds closed, no noise, just the muffled noise coming from the neighbouring apartment.

"Jaren? it's me John, I'm not trying to rob you..."

John walked around, he was about to turn the lights on when he heard a noise in the bedroom.

"He wouldn't would he...?" John frowned and left the lights off, he walked to the bedroom door and put his ear agasint it.

all he could hear was panting.

"Jaren... why?"

John felt like crying, why would his boyfriend cheat on him!? John busted open the door and stood in the doorway almost crying, but that feeling washed away when he saw a giant sized wolf sitting on Jaren's bed. 

"AHHHHHHH!" John screamed, he shut the bedroom door and tried to run to the front door when he was suddenly tackled by the giant wolf, John freaked out he started hitting it, but it prooved to do nothing to the giant animal on top of him.

"LET ME GO!" John screamed who tried to kick the beast off of him, but it was too heavy.

The animal just whined and tried to keep John from standing up.

"PLEASE LET ME LIVE" John yelled, tears pricking his eyes, the wolf whined and got off of John, and sat at his feet crying.

"wha-"

"awooo"

The beast howled a little, trying to get John to stay, John stood up and matched the height of the beast, he grabbed it's face and looked into it's eyes.

One was blue, the other was red.

"JAREN!?"

The wolf's ear perked up and it's tail started wagging. John wiped the tears away and started laughing, he hugged the big beast who tried to hug him back. 

"I was here to ask you out on a picnic date under the full moon, but seems you already had plans" John snorted, Jaren barked loudly, making him need to cover his own ears.

"If you're still free, I'd like to still take you out, the night is still young." 

Jaren wagged his tail and stood up, ready to pounce, like a dog happy to go on a walk.

John smiled, and carefully took Jaren down the elevator and into his car, trying not to get caught by workers or other people who lived there.

John drove to the 24/7 store first and bought a bunch of raw steak, after buying Jaren's meal he got back into the car and they drove out an hour until they hit country.

Jaren got John to sit on his back as he ran up the hill, John carrying everything they needed. 

They set up the blanket and food, Jaren ate the raw steak with little to no effort, John however ate a sandwhich he made earlier, after both were done eating they layed down together on the blaket, and watched the stars, John's eyes were threatning him to sleep, but Jaren kept him awake with his howls to the full moon.