The Real Club? [OhmSquirrel]

requested by an anonymous friend 

1000 words

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joe's P.O.V

I walk along the streets it was cold and late at night, when I sighed my breath was visible in the cold air, made me frown. I shiver in my coat and kicked some trash that lied on the sidewalk, it made a metal like noise when it hit the cold ground, must of been a can, I can't really tell it's so dark but the bright neon lights of a sign up ahead peaked my interest.

I've never really been down this street before as I usually hate going out alone, I always needed my girlfriend with me, she was the social one I wasn't..

that was until we broke up, it's been a rough year without her but I got used to the silence once again.

I stood under the neon sign, I turn to see all the windows blacked out, I read the poster pasted on the glass, so it's a club? I put my ear closer to the window and I hear no music, is it open?

I pull on the handle and the door swung open, I almost fell it scared me. I walk inside the building smells like weed, sweat and beer, a weird smell for me.

I see a dimly lit hallway, I walk down it and see a red arrow painted on the wall, I follow the arrow to a stair case, I go down it and as I decend I hear faint music, the lower I get the louder it gets, an underground club. cool.

I push open some double doors and I see lights and people dancing, music so loud I almost went to cover my ears but I fought my reflexes.

my eyes light up as I scan the room, the dance floor filled, the bar filled in the corner there was a dj who was partying his life away and in the other corner some slot machines being used by some drunk people, I see bouncers guarding another door and a bartender serving drinks to wasted people.

I smile and walk in, and someone comes up to me.

"hey fresh meat, care to dance?"

"I'm good, I'm getting a drink first."

"smart idea hot stuff."

The brunette walked away after winking at me, I laughed at her druken walk as I walk to the bar and find a single empty stool and sit down, the two men beside me scoff and turn away, what did I do to them!?

"what would you like?"

"what's the best thing here?"

"I got you."

I wait and look around, theres no signal down here which is kinda sketchy maybe I should leave...

"hey."

I turn my head and see a brunette male now sitting beside me, he wasn't there before.

"Hi?"

"I'm Ryan."

I gulped, he reached out his slender hand and smiled at me slighlty, his brown eyes matched his hair, or maybe the lighting in here was tricking me.

He smiled at me again, which made me smile and shake his hand, his hands were slighlty moist, maybe he was nervous?

"here"

"thank you"

I sipped my drink, strong as hell... but I act like it doesn't bother me, I smiled at Ryan.

"oh.. I'm Joe by the way"

"joe's a cute name."

"T-thank you.."