Vending Machine [OhmToonz]

ohmtoonz.. I know... at this point im not sorry.... >:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke pressed his hands on the cold glass of the vending machine in front of him, he tapped the glass with his fingers in a pattern, creating a little beat. He sighed heavily and pressed his forehead on the most likely un-sanitary glass. He stared at the rows of snacks and banged his head on the plexi-glass for a while before backing away and feeding the machine some coins, and pressing a couple buttons. The machine whirred and vibrated, he watched the coil spin and the snack get closer to falling but before falling the machine shut down completely, the lights went out the green electronic text on the side turned to a blank screen. He pressed the button for a coin return but nothing came back. 

"Fuck this machine... fuck you machine!" Luke pounted his finger at it like he was acusing it of a crime, he stared at his blurry reflection and frowned. He sighed heavily and pulled his phone out of his pocket, he'd recived a text a few moments ago.

  Repair man is here, where is the vending machine?

Luke sent a reply to his employee, letting him know he was outside Motel Building B. Luke waited, tempted to kick the metal box. He un-pligged it and plugged it back in so he can show the repiar man what's wrong with it, he waited for the green text to scroll displaying the current balance in the machine, the quiet humming continued as the lights turned back on, displaying the snacks. He counted the coins in his pocket, making sure he actually had enough to display the fault of the machine. Luke waited there, the perfect night, not too hot or cold, no wind at all. Just the crickets and cicada's humming tunes in the night. 

"Hello? You called me right? I'm here for the vending machine." Luke turned his head and pushed himself off of leaning against the brick wall of the motel building and smiled slightly, he walked over and shook hands with the shorter male. He wore a baseball cap even in the middle of the night. "Yes, thank you.. this stupid thing stopped working, it just steals cash." The repair man laughed and walked over to the giant metal box and stared at it. "Watch." Luke inched closer, standing inches away from the other man, he pushed coins into the slot and tapped buttons, the coil spung and stopped like last time. Then it shut down like last time. "This happens often, how old is the machine?" Luke clicked his tongue, he tried to remember when he bought this old thing from a appliance discount store. "four? years ago?" Luke knew it was most likely a lie, not truly knowing when he made the purchase. "It can still work then, just a little repairs, won't cost much." Luke nodded, he watched as the shorter male put his tool box down, and opened it grabbing tools and a flashlight from it, He un-plugged the machine before pulling it away from the wall. Luke scanned his chest, finding a nametag embrodered into the little repair man shirt he was wearing.

  Ryan

"Ryan? right?" Luke asked, not wanted to assume anything. "Yes, that's my name, you're Luke right? That's what Jonathan told me." Luke nodded, watching Ryan use his  flashlight to scan the back. He opened some panels before looking at Luke. "Can you.. can you hand me the green thing." Luke picked up a screwdriver and handed it to Ryan who smiled at him. "so... so why are you wearing a hat? It's the dead of night." Ryan chuckled and turned to Luke giving him back the screwdriver and basically getting inside the vending machine. "Because- ahg- I like the way it looks." Luke questioned the man's sense of fashion but didn't proceed on asking, instead he just watched the shorter male work from behind. Weirdly hypnotized. 

Ryan took the screwdriver out of the day dreaming owner's hand and closed up the back of it. He turned around and stared at Luke panting, he went to wipe the sweat off his forehead but he only left a trace of some black substance, could be a whole lot of dust or oil. Luke bit his tongue trying not to laugh. Ryan obviously noticed and crossed his arms. "What?" Luke let out a shakiy breath and used his sweater sleeve to wipe the black mark off of Ryan's head. Ryan let it happen, oddly enough it didn't startle him. Luke smiled softly before what he just did registered in his mind, he backed up a little and chuckled nervously. "hey, how bout' you come to the main office for some coffee, you could clean yourself up too, before I pay you." Ryan smiled. "That would be lovely."