Sleepover Meltdown [Krii7y]

Requested by 

Powers AU

under 1000 words

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smitty was excited, not only was Christmas soon but all his friends were about to come over for a sleepover, yes, because that is something teenage boys do.

Not only were they going to stay up all night on sugar and video games but Smitty was inviting his best friend and crush John, maybe tonight something can finally happen.

Evan was coming, so was Jonathan, Ryan and Luke were coming too. 

Smitty wanted to wait for the universe to make John and him have a spark of love but he wanted it soon so he bent the rules and hung up some mistletoe, hopeful that he can get John under it.

"Smit let me in" someone knocked on the door, hence the nickname he knew who it was. he swung the door open.

"JOHN!"

"SMIT!"

They hugged, oh how Smitty wanted to hold on forever  but he let go.

Evan and Jonathan showed up, leave it to Ryan and Luke to be late like always.

Smitty set up his Nintendo switch on the TV while Evan made popcorn, John went to go get into a onesie he brought. 

Jonathan was making a pillow fort on the floor, though they were teenagers they knew how to have an epic sleepover.

with a few knocks on the door Smitty let Ryan and Luke in, they ran in and jumped on the couch and laughed, Smitty put one of the games in and they all sat around playing it, Evan came back with the snacks and popcorn.

Though Smitty loved hanging out with friends and his crush, he had to be careful he has powers, he can control ice and manipulate shadows. If anything makes him upset his powers get out of hand and they corrupt and it can takes days for them to go back to normal, but nobody ever knew of these powers he holds.

After a little while it was 12:45 am, Smitty watched John go up to get a glass of water when Evan followed him, they ended up under the mistletoe , Smitty watched as they kissed on the cheek quickly, for some reason though Smitty though Evan liked Jonathan! 

"no way..." Smitty mumbled to himself, John giggled after Evan and him went into the kitchen together, Smitty felt the meltdown starting, that kiss made him so upset.

"Hey Smitty, you okay?" Ryan asked as he started to noticed Smitty's face go bright red.

"I uh.. John just... Evan and him...." all of a sudden the lights flickered like a horror movie, on and off and on and off like a rave party almost. Everyone started freaking out.

Smitty's brown hair started turning white, that happened during his power meltdown.

"Smitty are you okay?! your hair is...it's white!" Jonathan said touching Smitty's hair surprised at how quickly it changed colours.

"YOUR EYES!" Luke shouted, everyone looked into Smitty's eyes to see them change colour. one eye red and the other blue, Smitty didn't want his friends to know, Jon and Evan ran back into the room to see the lights flickering and Smitty's new appearance.

John ran over to Smitty

"Smit, what's wrong? What's happening?"

John's voice was soothing and calm despite all that was happening with the lights and everyone freaking out.

"John, back up please!"

"Smit what's wrong!"

"DON'T CALL ME SMIT ANYMORE!"

Tears came down Smitty's cheeks as he pushed John onto the floor, along side John hitting the ground ice formed on the floor where he landed.

"what. Just. Happened?" Jonathan said helping John up, who groaned in pain.

Smitty was crying, it wasn't a secret as he wailed out loud, John walked back over to him

"smitty"

"GO!"

Smitty shot ice out of his hands and knocked John right back onto the floor, the others helped him up.

"Everyone go into the other room, let me speak with him alone." John said, the others agreed and left them alone in the living room.

John walked up to Smitty again, this time bracing himself.

"Smitty, it's just you and me, what's up, tell me. You can trust me"

Smitty cried and looked up at John, his red and blue eyes glowing with sadness

"You kissed Evan"

"it was just on the cheek"

"but I love you! I put the mistletoe there for US!"

"you... I thought you..." John started laughing, Smitty wiped his eyes and gave a confused look to John

"why are you laughing!?"

"I thought you would never love me back! Plus I was just following the rules under the mistletoe!"

Smitty still looked sad, John kissed him on the cheek

Smitty's face went red

"I love you too, I always had, but what's with the ice and hair" John snickered as he played with Smitty's white hair

"I have powers, and sometimes they have a meltdown and it's crazy! sorry for hurting you"

"it's fine Smit, can I call you Smit again?"

"of course!"

Everyone came back and they continued the night having some fun and staying up late, with love in the air from John and Smitty, Ryan poured his heart out to Luke, confessing his love for the man, who happily loved him back, Jonathan did the same with Evan who dragged him to the washroom for some make out time. 

A/N sorry if it's not the best.