31

WARNING: This chapter contains mention of depression and self-harm. If you are uncomfortable with that, please don't read this chapter.

*request

Yoongi had been depressed the past few days, his depression acting up due to the change in seasons (which was fairly common). This year he was struggling with it a little more, with so many award ceremonies coming up, their world tour to finish up, and the numerous interviews lined up. It had started with pinches to his skin when he was stressed out, the bit of pain helping him to feel something other than sadness. Or he did it as a way to punish himself when he felt he'd messed something up.
After awhile the pinching turned into pricks with a needle, and then eventually yoongi had turned to full blown cutting. He made sure to pick areas that would be covered by his clothing on stage and in interviews. However, it meant he had to make sure none of the other members saw him undressing/naked, as most his cuts were on his thighs. "Yooni it's time for a bath!" Jhope called out, going into the designated playroom where yoongi and Jungkook were watching cartoons, winding down for bed.
"Yooni give own baf," the little told his daddy, crawling to grab his pajamas off the bed.
"I'll give you your bath, like always. You need my help washing your hair anyways."
"Nooooo," Yooni started to whine. The man may not self-harm while In littlespace, But Yooni still felt the need to protect big Yoongi and hide the cuts from everyone.
"Don't start fussing now baby boy, now come on." He took yoongi's hand and started to lead him to the bathroom.
"No daddy! Yooni big boy! Do by self!" He said, trying to push Jhope from the bathroom when they arrived.
"You're too little right now, now stop giving daddy a hard time." He kissed yooni's nose, trying to cheer up the little.
"N-not to w-wittle." Yoongi felt himself slipping into a smaller headspace. Going from his normal little space of five, to 2 or 3.
"You're my little baby." Jhope pinched the boy's cheeks gently. Gushing when he saw the boy slipping. "Let daddy give his baby a bath. Get you all cleaned up for bed. I'll read you a story?"
"Daddy. Can't." He was still trying to protest, with Jhope starting the bath and then slipping yoongi's shirt off.
"You're getting cranky. Did you take your nap today?" Jhope asked, reaching down to unbutton the little's jeans. "Why are you being so fussy?" He asked when Yoongi started to try and squirm away, his actions really starting to worry Jhope.
"Leggo..."
"What-" Jhope finally got the little's jeans pulled down, revealing the cuts, some newer than others, across the man's thighs. "Yoongi what in the world?!" Jhope cut the water off, needing to investigate the situation.
Yooni started to cry, plopping down on the bathroom floor and covering his face. "Daddy-mad!?" He asked in between cries.
"I'm not mad baby," Jhope got down on the floor with the little. "I'm worried about you. Can you be big and talk to daddy?" Yoongi shook his head, "Can you tel daddy anything? Why have you been doing this?"
"Big-big yoongi. Huwt."
"I see. Why?" Yoongi shook his head, unable to communicate much further. "It's okay," Jhope opened his arms for the little to curl into him. "Don't be scared. Daddy isn't mad. Don't cry." Yoongi stuck his thumb in his mouth, attempting to soothe himself to some degree. "It'll be okay, I promise." Jhope hugged the little close to him, trying to hold back tears of his own. He had to talk to yoongi about this when he was big again, but the thought he'd been hurting himself broke jhope's heart. "You're my perfect little boy. Don't ever be scared to tell daddy when something is hurting you. Big or little I'm here to help you. Always."
"Sowwy."
"Don't be sorry baby boy. If you're hurting in anyways I want to make you feel better. Don't be sorry you're sad or hurting." Jhope lifted the little's face when he told him this, landing kisses to his squishy cheeks.
"Daddy cwy..." yoongi mumbled in between the kisses, lifting a hand to touch the corner of jhope's eye that was filled with misty tears.
"Daddy is worried about his baby. That's all." He gave the boy another big hug, "Let's finishing drawing this bath water yeah? Then it's time for that bedtime story."
"Cway-on stowy."
"You want 'the day the crayons quit' or 'frankencrayon'?"
"Day cway-on."
"Okay." Jhope turned the water back on and then stood yoongi back up, eyeing the cuts on his leg. None of them looked particularly deep, but he still wanted to clean them to make sure they didn't get infected, especially the few he noticed that had to be less than two days old. "Into the tub." He smiled, getting the boy out of his boxers and into the tub. "Daddy is going to clean all your boo-boos okay? I want to make sure they don't get infected." He let the little know as he sat down in the tub, grabbing for his bathtoys.
"Huwt?"
"It won't hurt, I just didn't want to scare you when I touched them."
Jhope washed at the cuts first, wanting to get it out the way before he focused on making the little smiling and giggly again. He gave yoongi a longer bath tonight, playing with his toysc drawing pictures on the tub with the bath crayons, and using the soap paints tonight.
After the bath, he got yoongi changed into his pajamas, "want to get your book and sleep on daddy's bed tonight?"
"S'eep wif daddy!" Yoongi perked up, happily following Jhope to retrieve his desired book and then to bed.
"Get comfy in the bed. I'm going to fix you a sippy cup of juice and then I'll be back in to read to you."
"Okay!" Yoongi got under the blankets, situating himself just right with his stuffed kumamon.
When Jhope came back, yoongi was waiting patiently. Holding the book in his hands. "You're such a good boy!" Jhope praises, giving the little a kiss and sitting the juice on the bedside table, in case he got thrust during the night. He got into bed, slipping under the covers and taking the book from yoongi.
Yoongi curled into Jhope's side, cuddling up so he could see the pictures clearly as Jhope began to read. Of course, Jhope got halfway into the story when the little had fallen asleep, cutely nestled into his daddy's side with his thumb resting in his mouth.
"I love you." Jhope whispered as he put the book on the other night stand, and then turning gently so that both of them were on their sides, with yoongi still cuddling into jhope's chest.
Yoongi only stirred momentarily, calming down when he was wrapped in jhope's arms again.