(adult) loki and reader 2

⚠️[This chapter has a sad reader (over a death of a loved one) so I'm not sure if that is triggering, but you've bee warned]⚠️

(Italics = memories)

       You and Loki have grown incredibly close. During the day most parts of the day, you provide Loki with the basic things (in your opinion) a wife does. You cook, wash and fold his clothes the way he wants it, and comfort him. In exchange, he(Tony) provides you this place too stay and protection.

     Other than that, you peeps are pretty close. The both of you confide in each other and laugh together. You read together, eat together, share comfortable silences, and have intelligent dibates.

      You have also gotten too first name bases with the rest of the Avengers. They all have their different personalities and you enjoy watching them collide into exotic and goofy conversations.

       But right now you where leaning agaisnt the stove cooking up Spaghetti for the team. The meat was seasoned and the the sauce aready mixed in with it. You just waited for the noodles too finish boiling. You stirred them slowly, thinking about your sister and how you miss her. It has been a month, but you haven't fully recovered from it. You had accepted it, but it didn't stop you from getting sad.

   "Y/n, get your arse over here and help me cook you kitchen witch."
Your sister called too you holding a spatula with a smile. 

You smiled at the memory of her. She was kind and loving, but keeps her distance and is usually quite and reserved. You often find yourself calling Natasha, Ever. Ever was your older sisters name. Ever had strawberry blonde curly locks. Freckles that danced across her face and her brown eyes dazzled in the light, like an angle.

A silent tear ran down your slightly flushed face and you stirred slower getting lost in your thoughts. Loki observed you from the living room. He noticed how lost your where and used this opportunity too sneek up on you.

"Here let me finish it, pet."
You almost jumped out of your skin at the sound of his voice in your ear.

"N-no it's fine, I got it."
You say trying too reforcus your mind onto the stove, but Loki wasn't satisfied with the answer. His fingers trail around your waist, causing your heart rate too speed up. You looked up at him and his chest  was pressed too your back. He looked down at you. His facial expression was blank as usual, but there was a hint of something else in his eyes. Now too be fair, Loki has never been in a situation involving romantic feelings, so he is just as clueless as you where too this blooming, red rose. He had grown a sense of protection for you. He didn't know what it was, but he wanted too protect you, even if that was emotionally. You hadn't even noticed how you both where closing in on each other's lips, until your noses brushed against each others. His eyes focused onto yours before trailing off too the stove. You drew in a deep breath as your eyes followed his. The water had started too boil over.

"Shit!"
You exlcaim and turn the eye down. You grab you mitten and move the pot of noodles, onto an cold stove eye. A sigh left your lips and you use your free hand too run your fingers through your hair. Your heart was beating wildly in your chest. Thats when you noticed his hands where no longer on your hips. Instead he was grabbing a towel. A smirk covered his lips.

"Oh, hah hah."
You say with a fake laugh. A small laugh escaped him and he starts too wipe the stove off.

"It was quite funny."
Loki says looking up from the stove too you. You roll your eyes and smile at him. You never expected Loki, the God of Mischeif and Lies, too be cleaning up after you.

"I think the food is done."
He says relooking the stove. You laugh and cross your arms.

"Yeah, no shit."
He turns too you and walks up to you.

"Such a pretty face, for such fowl language."
He says, thumb running over your cheek. There it was again. The beating in both of your hearts.

"My heart is beating so much right now."
You say, completely out of nervousness and awkward tension. You mentally scold yourself for saying such a weird thing, while Loki is contemplating rather he agrees or not. Of course his physical heart was beating wildly in his chest, but why?

"Mine too."
He says slowly taking his hand away from your face.

"Can I try something?"
You ask fiddling with your thumbs. You wheren't even sure if you should try this. I mean it is Loki for christ sake. He nods, too your suprise, and you grab his hands. He intertwines his fingers, too fit comfortably, with yours. You inhale a sharp breath and lean in. His eyes scan over you, observing you. What would you do? How would you react too him? So many questions filled his head.  Your lips touched his for a second, before you back away. Your lips tingled like a bunch of lighting bolts. A nervousness had struck down inside of you like street fighter. You pulled your hands away nervously.  His facial expression had stayed the same. His eyes observed you, like a vulture stalking its prey.

"S-sorry that was stupid. I don't know what I was doing. I'm a bad kisser, I know you don't have too tell m-"
Your nervous rambling was cut off by the sudden contact on your lips. His arms wrapped around you. Pulling you into the kiss and trapping you there. All your worries where suddenly washed away. His lips where soft and warm. You kissed him back and then you felt it again. That electricity shooting through your vains, pushing your heart into over drive. His lips parted from yours and a smile covered your lips. He looked into your eyes with a soft expression. A small laugh escaped your lips and your head plopped down onto his shoulder, too hide how red your face was getting. A chuckle escaped his lips and his grip on you tightened for a moment.

"Alright, Alright, break it up love birds."
Tony says, walking into the kitchen.

"I've think you have offically abused the saying, putting love into your food."
He says again grabbing a fork.