Underneath the Cologne (Stark)

You grab a shirt of your husbands and press it to your nose. Old Spice burns your nose. Your face scrunches up and you toss it aside. You are on the hunt to find something that smells like him. Not the expensive cologne, 'going to dinner with a business partner,' smelling version, but something else. Something all together different. Something closer to home.
     You see, Tony Stark has been away on a business trip for a couple weeks now. When I say business trip, I mean him sneaking off to do super hero stuff. Of course, he hates the title of 'hero,' but that's what he is; besides the point, you miss him. Dearly, so you've decied to go through his clothes till you found something that smells like him. Everyone has a distinct smell. Some people smell like honey suckles, others like lemon grass. Tony, on the other hand, smells like a mix of expensive cologne and motor oil. Did I mention distinct smells?
      Yeah... Not that you mind the weird way it made your head spin. It is quite the opposite, really. You miss the weird smell, because it is Tony's smell and you miss him. You've searched his drawers, his closets, and even his little lab thingy; only to come up empty handed. You sigh in defeat and unlock your phone, on the couch. You go to you and his messages and scroll through them smiling.

Sexy wife: "Babe, I'm out getting groceries. Do we have crackers? I'm making some soup tonight."

Arrogant prick: "Nope, we're cracka' lackin. 😂"

Sexy wife: " Oh my- this is why we're married. 😂" 

                      11:30 4/18/19
Sexy wife: "When are you getting home? I'm ready for date night."

Arrogant prick: "Outside. 'Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination'. ❤"

Sexy wife: "Cheesy bastard. ❤" 

     You click your phone off and groan loudly, feeling your heart beating for him. You throw your phone on the couch and stand up, going towards your shared bedroom. You plop down on the bed and curl up on his side of the bed. You clutch the sheets close to your chest and nuzzle into them. Thats whenever it hit you. That smell. It's the smelly smell that smells smelly. It is Tony's weird scent. You smile deeply and burry yourself into his side of the bed. His scent all around you, holding you like a blanket. You inhale deeply and exhale happily. You felt so close to him, you hadn't even remembered dozing off.

     Tony's eyes land on your sleeping figure as he walked droopily through the door frame. It had been a rough week of crime fighting and to be completely honest it was tiring. All he wanted the whole time, was to be in bed next to you. A smile tugs at his lips as you shift in your sleep and clutch the sheets tightly to your chest. He sets his things down lightly of the floor and walks over to you. His hand places itself on your shoulder lightly and trails down your arm. He leans down and kisses your temple lightly. It took everything in him to pull away from you and gather clothes to start a shower.
    He gets in and hums in delight as the warm water splashes against his bruised and sweaty back. He'd do almost anything to stay under this water forever. He hadn't felt so relaxed in few weeks, but now he could rest easy knowing he is close to you and he is squeaky clean. He runs the shampoo through his hair and lets its bubbles run down his shoulders as he scrubs his scalp thoroughly.
      Mean while, you are slowly waking up. You groan realising Tony isn't in bed besides you and that he probably isn't coming home for another day or so. You heard the shower running and sigh, knowing you also need one. Wait, the shower is running? You rub your eyes and the shower cuts off. Who broke into the house to take a shower? You grab the alarm clock off the dresser, ready to aim it at the intruders head.
     The steam curls under the door and it retreats into the bathroom as the door opens. Your eyes widen with shock as you see those chocolate locks. Joy fills you and you yelp and throw the alarm clock to the floor; standing on the bed. Tony's eyes shoot up to you and a smirk crawls onto his lips. You launch yourself off the end of the bed and jump on him; wrapping your legs around his waist. He chuckles and wraps his arms under your butt holding you up. "Miss me?" He says as you let out incomprehensible whimpers and whines. You look up to him teary eyed with a wide smile across your lips.
     "A whole lot." You say, excitement coursing through you. He chuckles and leans down kissing your lips. You kiss back and wrap your arms around his neck pulling him closer to you. "Please tell me your staying for a while." You whisper breaking the long a waited kiss. His eyes open slowly to meet yours at first his eyes seemed happy, before fading away and looking to the ground. Disappointment swells up in your heart and you unwrap yourself from him and pull away.
    "Y/n I- I'm kidding! Of course I'm staying for a while." He says and advances towards you wrapping his arms around you. You laugh off the forming tears and lean your head onto his bare shoulder.
    "Don't joke like that." You laugh and pull away a little to look him in the eyes. His eyebrows knit together and he smiles. His eyes scan yours and he sees the glossiness of your eyes.
    "Awe baby." He starts and grabs your shoulders. You inhale deeply and shake your head with a smile.
    "Shut up." You whimper and wipe the tears away. A wave of guilt washes over him and he kisses your forehead.
       "I love you, Y/n." He says and holds your tightly to him. You start to cry and lean into his shoulder.
      "I missed you so much." You say between sobs and wrap your arms around his tone torso. He kisses the top of your head and rocks you gently in his arms.
    "I missed you too." He says in your ear and you wipe the tears away. He picks you up and crawls onto the bed, setting you down and laying besides you. You instantly wrap yourself up in his arms and inhale deeply. There it is, in its strongest. His smell. You smile widely and look up into those hypnotizing brown eyes.
     "I love you." You say before leaning in and capturing his lips. You both stay like that, too lazy to pull apart. Lips pressed against each others, in a lazy, but intement manner. Too much time you both had spent away from one another, not knowing when you would see your lover next.