Time to go (Strange)

⚠️ a suicide attempt from the reader!⚠️

You look down from the roof top of the tall building. City lights, cars, and people light up the night as they chatter and flicker with life. Something you don't have. Not since your life went to shit. You envied them and how brightly they seem to shine in the night. Something you can't do. You bite your lip thinking as his heart monitor went flat and tears spill from your eyes. 'Not my little brother. You can't take him from me.' You thought, in that dull room. The memories still fresh in your mind. He was the only thing you had, since your parents died.
You had become so distant from your friends during that time, that no one talked to you. Not even your best friend, Stephen Strange. He disappeared sometime ago, after his horrid car wreck. You had been so caught up in your own misery, that you didn't even check in on him.
"You're so selfish."
"Why are you even alive?"
"Who'll miss you?"
"Do it. Jump."
The voices whisper in the back of your head.
"Everyone you love is either dead or isn't talking to you."
"What the hold up?"
They harass. You bite your lip drawing blood. Tears topple over your eyelids and pour down your cheeks.
"Everyones life would be easier without you." You stare down at the people and lift your arms letting the wind blow around you. You try your best to hold back tears as you close your eyes, accepting your fate. 'This is how it should end,' you think and exhale calming yourself. 'I'll finally be able to rest.' The wind picks up around you and you lean forward letting the gravity pull you down.
"Y/n!?" Your eyes snap open. Mistake. Seeing the lights flash by and the ground coming closer and closer, made your stomach do flips. A scream escapes your lips and you frail your arms around. The air whistles past your ears and the ground races towards you. Strong arms wrap around you and your direction changes; knocking the air out of your lungs. You blink and look down to see the ground getting further and further away. Relief washes over you for a second, before anger takes its place.
'What the hell!?' You think and your eyes snap up to your savior. That scruff... Strange? Your eyes widen in shock. His feet come in contact with the roof and the clock whips around his body. He sets you down and the look in his eyes is anything, but happy.
"What were you thinking!?" He yells, motioning towards the roof. "No, you couldn't have been thinking!" He says and pinches his nose. You stare at the man taking in the red cape, the blue robes, and the weird neck chain thingy as he babbled on. You felt weird. Funny even. You felt strange. Tears nag at you eyes for a ten-billionth time today. You are so happy to see him. You thought you'd never see him again. You missed those challening turquoise eyes, the scruffy beard he'd taking a liking to, and the greying hairs on the sides of his head. "Answer me!" He yells at you, but instead of talking, you run up to him and embrace him. His body tenses as you bury your face into his shoulder and cry tears of joy.
"I'm so happy to see you." You sob and hold him tighter. His heart feels heavy with guilt. He should've contacted earlier, but he'd been so busy. He never thought you'd do something like this. He hadn't been worried about it, until he got this nagging feeling in the back of his mind that he needed to see you. Trust me, this is not wjat he expected to see. His arms slowly wrap around you and he holds you tightly.
"I missed you too." He says softly as you pour your heart out into his shoulder. He rubs circles into your back and apologizes over and over again for not coming sooner. Your breathing calms and you pull away from him looking up to him.
"How did you know?" You ask wiped the tears from your cheeks. His eyes scans your face and he reaches out for your hand and grabs it.
"I just got a feeling." He says and squeezes it. You sniffle and smile weakly at him. "Why would you try something like that?" He asks, more gental than last time. Worry laces his voice as he looks at you. Your breath catches in your throat and you shake your head.
"Joshua died." You whisper and ignore the fresh tears. Stranges eyes widen and he bites his lip.
"I'm so sorry." He says and runs his thumb over your hand. In that second you felt like everything would be okay, as long as he was there with you. Your heart fluttered for the first time in years.
"Last week. Brain tumor." You say and clear your throat of the flim blocking your air ways. His hand pulls you into a tight hug and he holds you. You return the favor and breathe in taking in his scent. A scent you hadn't breathed in, in a while. It smells different. More books and dust, than expensive cologne. You didn't mind. Strange is still Strange. "Can I-"
"I expect you to come live with me for a while." He says cutting you off. You raise an eyebrow and pull away from him, thinking.
"I-I have a job. I can't just run away with you." You say anxeity suddenly sneaking up on you. His eyes harden, into a more stubborn look.
"Your brother just passed. I'm sure they'll understand." He insists and grabs your hand. You go to speak, but words wouldn't come out. "I'll speak to your boss personally." He says and you sigh. A smile inches at your lips, as the old Stephen starts too form. How you've missed him.
"Fine. I'm too tired to argue with you right now." You mutter and shake your head at him.
"Come with me. I've got a place you can rest safely." He says and you nod as he begin to do a weird circular motion with his free hand. You stare at him questionably, until a circular portal(?) forms in your path. You can see a dark room on the other side and he tuggs you in with him. He flicks on a light and gestures you towards the bed. You look up to him and open your mouth to speak. "Questions will be answered in the morning." He says quickly. You shut your mouth and smile down at the floor.
"Can I at least thank my hero?" You ask and glance up at him. He scoffs at the term, but motions for you to continue. You walk over and grab his hands and kiss his cheek. His face flushes a light pink. "Thank you." You say and give his hands another squeeze, before walking over to the bed. The portal slams shut behind him and he walks towards your door. The cape detaches itself from his shoulders and floats over to you and wraps you up like a warm blanket. You gasp at first, but smile as his scent fills your nose. You sit on the bed and hold the cape closely.
"Good night, Y/n." Stephen says, before shutting the door behind him. A grin lingers on his lips as he thinks to how the cape made you happy.