Chapter 2

Zana

Standing near the bar waiting on the bottle that Rick wanted me to order. Rick, and his little groupies were all on the sofa laughing and having a good time, while my mind was on Chris. Damn him, I thought to myself as I watched him and that redbone talk as if they were on a date or something.

"Little miss Zana." I knew it was my best friend Kiara standing behind me. I turned and hugged her tightly. "Why haven't I seen you in weeks?"

I waved her off. "Girl, you're tripping. I've just been busy." Truth was I was balancing two men with two different appetites for me. Rick was this man who I felt safe with, and was In love with since I was nineteen. And Chris, well he swooped in and saved me from that safety net I called a relationship, and I found myself intrigued by him, and wanting him to show me things sexually that I had no business knowing. I found myself thinking about him more and more, and the only thing we really agreed on was the sex. Sex with Chris was like an adventure every single time. But why did I care that he was over there talking to some other woman? He wasn't mine, and I belonged to someone else.

"Bestie?" Kiara interrupted my thoughts of Chris.

I smiled sweetly. "We'll have to get together for lunch or something."

"Mhmm, who is that over there with your man?" She pointed to the direction of Rick with some chick sitting to close for my comfort.

"Some girls that he knows, but here's my order, let me get back to him before he goes crazy."

Kiara grabbed me by the arm leading me back to the sofas. "If them bitches even tries to step to your man, I'm setting it off over here."

I laughed. Kiara was the fighter, she seemed to always think she had to fight my battles. She reminded me so much of Cardi B with the whole attitude and personality.

Kiera set down between Rick and another female who was getting to cozy for my taste. She patted the seat next to Rick. "Here Zana, sit next to 'your' man."

I set down, and Rick threw his arm around my neck, and kissed my cheek. "I was telling them how you are this big thing in your marketing department."

I smiled. Rick was always bragging on me. "Yeah." I noticed one of the females roll her blue eyes, and I guess Kiara noticed it to, because she cleared her throat.

"Miss thing, you got something to say?" Kiara asked her.

"I didn't say shit!" The blue eyed girl got loud, and all eyes were on her. I guess she had no idea who Kiara was, her hands were registered in the whole state.

"Bitch, don't get loud with me. You better respect your position doll baby."

The blue eyed girl laughed, "whatever."

Kiara stood up, and I stood up just to pull her away.

Rick stood to his feet, and at that time all eyes were on us. "Chill!"

"Fuck that Rick, these bitches don't know me." The blue eyed girl said standing to her feet as well.

"Please Kiara, not here." I pulled her back down, and I could feel her shoulders loosen up. "They don't want it, and I know I don't won't to be bailing my best friend out of jail for fucking them up. Lets cool it."

Kiara nodded, taking the bottle from my hands. "For you." She opened the bottle and poured her a glass. "She seemed to fucking comfortable."

"Oh honey I am comfortable." She laughed and walked away.

Rick set down and slid his hands down his face with frustration. "We came out to have a good time, and all hell breaks lose. Kiara you need to work on your anger."