Ch 25

Kiara

I paced the floor in front of the door, waiting for Eric to arrive. I had bit my nails down to a nub scared to death from the phone call I had received a few minutes prior. My baby was kicking at my stomach, and I felt like I was going to throw up.

Finally, I heard the key in the lock, and Eric opened the door. "Hey Ki, what's going on, why are you in here crying?" He asked me.

"Zana called me!" I held on to him, pulling him toward the sofa. "I think Rick is with her."

"Wait, how do you even know that?"

I began to talk really fast, when ever I was scared I started to ramble. "She used our code. The code we used when I was in trouble at home, and needed to hide some place. I'm scared. She told me to meet her at our hiding spot! I know she was warning me Eric!"

"Slow the hell down Kiara." Eric rubbed my back, "where is this hiding spot?"

"Behind Zana's parents house. The shed. She was warning me not to show up." I explained. I felt like vomiting, my baby girl was doing flips inside of me, and I was so scared that Zana was in trouble. I rubbed my belly, trying to get the baby to calm down. "What am I going to do Eric?"

"First, your going to calm down before you go into labor. Then I need you to tell me why everything!"

"I just did!" I was becoming frustrated, my best friend could be dead by now. "What are we going to do?"

Eric set back on the sofa, he was thinking. I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack at that moment. "I'll go." He finally said.

"Hell no, you know he is crazy! He will kill you." I cried.

Eric stood to his feet. "What time were you supposed to meet Zana?"

"Ten. This is a bad idea Eric."

Eric pulled me to my feet. "I told you that I got you right?"

I nodded.

"Then just trust me." Eric kissed my lips, and held me in his arms. I hadn't felt safe like that ever. "Go lay down, and I'll handle this shit."

           *****

Rick

I had a few hours before I needed to meet Kiara at a shed that Zana was luring her to. I arrived at a small house by the projects. I jogged up to the door and knocked.

She swung the door opened and I walked in.

"You're earlier than usual." She said rubbing on her pregnant belly.

I set down on her leather couch and looked up at her. "So what news do you have for me?"

"I got Carson locked up for you, like you wanted. I guess you wanted him out the way so you'll have nobody to beat your ass if you messed with little miss perfect." She laughed.

I stood up and grabbed her by the neck. "Don't you ever talk shit about her Vanessa ever!" I spat at her. I pushed her down on the couch.

Vanessa held her throat coughing for air. "She's fucking another man! His name is Chris!"

"Stop fucking lying!"

"Why would I lie. I was with him too. Look after tonight just leave me and my baby alone. You don't ever have to see the baby." Vanessa cried.

I had got two women pregnant behind Zana's back. If she ever found out about this one, she would never forgive me.

"Rick, I gave you his name, I'll give you all his personal information if you stay away from me." Vanessa was begging, something I loved to see a woman do. Her hazel eyes stared into mine curious to see my reaction.

"Give it to me."

She handed me a piece of paper with his address, phone number and his business. I stuck the paper into my jeans pocket.

"Now come here Vee." I was calm and smiling at her. She hesitantly walked over to me standing below my chest. I cocked my hand back smacking her across her face. Vanessa fell against her coffee table breaking the glass.

"Don't do this Rick, I did everything you asked me to do." Vanessa cried trying to stand to her feet. I kicked her in her side causing her to fall right back down. I pulled out my gun and aimed it at her.

"I can't have a baby with you Vanessa. This is why I need you and Kiara out the way." I aimed the gun at her head.

"Please don't!" Vanessa looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

I squeezed the trigger twice hitting her in her stomach and neck. I couldn't have her or Kiara having my child if I was going to have a life with Zana. I knew Vanessa would bleed out before anyone found her dead. One down, and one more worthless whore to go...

            ****

Chris

I pulled up to Zana's place, and parked my car in the visitor parking. I raced up the steps toward her apartment. I banged on the door but no answer. I decided to just leave until I heard her voice

"Help! Help!" The voice seemed far, but I knew Zana's voice. I tried the knob, but the it was locked. I decided to try the fire escape, because Zana usually left her window unlocked. I had told her to stop doing that shit weeks ago, but she always forgot.

I rushed down the steps, and around the back to climb the fire escape. When I got to the window, I spotted Zana tied to the bed naked. I tapped on the window, and her head turned.

"Chris! Please, hurry!" She said.

I opened the window and climbed inside. I ran to her and started to untie her hands.

"He'll be back Chris, please hurry." She said.

When she was untied, her hands wrapped around my neck and she wouldn't let go as she cried into my neck.

"It's going to be okay, grab something to wear so we can get the hell out of here." I said to her.

Zana nodded wiping her tear stained face. She ran to her closet and grabbed a pair of sweats and a t-shirt.
"Let's go." Zana grabbed my hand, and we rushed out of the apartment.

Back at my house, Zana got into the shower. She really wouldn't talk to me, and I could only imagine what she had been through. I noticed all the bruises and welts on her skin. I wanted to kill the sick bastard for doing her that way.

I was sitting down on my bed waiting for her to appear from behind the bathroom door. She was wrapped in one of my giant black towels, her hair was clipped out of the way in the back. She wouldn't even look at me.

"Talk to me Zana." I said pulling her down on my lap.

"What do you want me to say Chris?"

I sighed and lifted her chin to look me in my eyes, "what happened in there?"

"I was raped, beaten and tied to my bed. And that's what he called loving me. He wants to kill Kiara to get rid of her and the baby." She cried. "I'm so mad at her, but I don't won't her to die!"

"I know beautiful. So where did he go?"

Zana shrugged her shoulders. "He's supposed to be meeting Kiara later on tonight, he had me set the whole thing up.i spoke to her in code, so I hope that she got the hint and ran."

As Zana explained to me everything, I knew that Rick was a crazy mother fucker. I always thought it was his sex game that had her running to me, but maybe it was so much more. His possessive demeanor caused her to flee, and I didn't blame her one bit.

"I got you beautiful, that dude won't ever hurt you again."

She finally smiled and kissed my lips, wrapping her arms around my neck. "You promise?"

I nodded, "yeah, I'm going to ride for you through all this shit."

Once again her lips touched mine, and I knew she felt safe with me.