ch 11

Chris

My brother Jason had been blowing my phone up for the past two days, and I was yet to answer him. I was frustrated with him, but I know he was just looking out for me.

I pulled up my grey sweat pants, and white T-shirt, slipping on my Jordans to head to Burlington avenue, twenty minutes away from my house. I didn't care though, I was on a mission.

I pulled up to a two story home on the corner. There was a corner store a block away with all types of people passing the house. I got out, and cut my alarm on just so they knew that shit was mine. Mother fuckers didn't care if the sun was out or not, they would probably steal my shit. I walked up the walkway, and made eye contact with a older gentleman, I thought to myself, that must have been her dad.

"Is this Tarzana's address?" I asked looking around.

He was in a rocking chair with a beer in his hands. He just stared at me confused. "Who are you boy?"

"I'm Chris Damewood."

A smile crept up on his face. "You own Damewood and sons dealership? Boy get up here I was just telling my wife I needed a new car."

I laughed walking up the porch. "Is this Tarzana's address?" I repeated myself.

"What do you want with my daughter?"

"I needed to talk to her."

He looked at me cautiously before yelling out her name. Zana came out on the porch in a mini yellow sundress that complimented her skin tone. I noticed she cut her hair short, and it looked good on her. Zana folded her arms over her breast, she looked surprised to see me.

"You look good." I said staring at her beauty. Damn, why did she have to have this hold on me.

"What are you doing here, Chris?"

"I couldn't reach you at work, and your number was changed." I said.

Zana sighed, and looked down at her daddy who wasn't hiding the fact that he was listening to our conversation. "Daddy, could you give us a minute please?"

He stood to his feet, and turned to his daughter, "this my house girl, you're lucky I love you."

She smiled at him, "and I love you too Daddy."

He walked into the house, and she set in the rocker that her father was just occupied. "Chris you shouldn't have came here."

"I have some things that I needed to say to you." I said sitting on the seat right next to her. "I do love you. I've felt a connection with you the moment I laid eyes on you. Yeah we fucked around, and I stayed around because I knew your man wasn't shit. You ran to me each and every time. I just felt that you was thinking of me as your side dude, and I wasn't feeling that."

"Chris..." She held my hand. "I don't think we should see each other. I have allot of demands that I'm dealing with, and the fact that I just left that relationship, and found out that my best friend was sleeping with him only made things worst for me."

"I'm not him!" I yelled. "So what are you saying Zana? I'm here telling you that I love and want you, and you're pushing me to the side again!"

Zana was silent as she looked out in the street. I could tell so many things were running through her head, but the only thing that had been on my mind was her.

"I need time."

"Time?" I asked her standing to my feet.

She nodded, but couldn't look me in my eyes. "I'm sorry Chris." I could see her emotion in her face. She didn't mean it, I knew her, just like I knew her body.