Ch 31

Carson had been sitting on the block in his car near Summit projects. He was searching for Rick, and all his boys were to bring him information on him. He had anger in his heart due to the fact that Rick had violated his sister, and had been the father to his supposed unborn child.

A knock on the window startled him. He placed his freshly rolled blunt down, and rolled his window down half way. A white woman with dirty blonde hair, and eyes the color of the sea smiled at him. Her teeth almost black, with a missing front tooth.

"What do you want?" He asked her, holding his nose from the stench of her.

"I need an eighth." She said looking nervous as hell.

Carson looked across the street at his two goons who had eyes on her. Everyone that knew him, knew not to come up to him demanding drugs. "I don't have it, look some place else." He told her rolling up his window.

She knocked again, "please mister, I need it. Me and my boyfriend needs it."

Carson stepped out of the car and stood over her. She looked high as a kite already. "What the fuck did I just say?"

"Please! Those men over there sent me to you!" She pointed across the street at the goons.

There must have been a reason for them sending her over to Carson, he thought. "Why did they send you?"

"I have information that you need, and if you supply me with what I need then we can get down to business!" She smiled. Her smile making her look ten years older than what she probably was.

Carson crossed his arms over his chest leaning against the car. "What information do you have?"

She smacked her teeth, and rolled her eyes. "On Rick. That's who you're looking for right? Just give me the eighth and I'll be on my way?"

Carson pulled up his shirt, revealing the gun that was underneath. "Now tell me what the fuck I wanted to know."

"You promise you'll give me the drugs?" She asked not really phased about the gun. Crackheads these days,he thought.

"Yeah man, now tell me." He was becoming impatient with her.

"I know where he is, and I know what he's planning on doing." Her bony hands stuck out for me to hand her the drugs.

I slapped her hand away from me, "you're not telling me shit!"

"Fine! He's hiding out at the abandon house on 21st Street on the second floor. He's planning on kidnapping a woman, I don't know her name."

Carson thought it could be his sister. He was desperately looking for Rick to put a bullet to his head for beating and raping her. "Go see those men over their, they'll give you what you need." He nodded across the street to his goons, "and if you're lying to me I'll kill you too!"

She smiled, "I don't lie." He watched her walk back across the street, and disappear through the alley way with his two goons

Carson got back in his car, and plotted on what he was going to do when he got ahold of Rick.

"Got you now bitch."

****

Kiara

Eric walked into his home, while Zana and I set in front of the television watching Love and Hip hop, painting each other's nails. He smiled down at us in the floor, and set on the sofa behind me. Eric bent down to kiss my lips.

"I'm glad you two are on good terms now." He said while picking up the remote to turn the channel.

"You better not touch that remote, our show is on!" Zana yelled at him then threw popcorn at him.

"Damn alright." Eric laughed.

Zana had just finished painting my toes, I couldn't reach my feet due to the big belly that was in the way. She had been a huge help, cooking and helping me with my pedicure.

"Have you spoken with Chris?" Eric asked her.

Zana was helping me off the floor, pulling me by my hands. "Nope, he will not talk to me. I don't blame him, after what happened to his brother and all."

"That shit was foul, I hear Carson is looking for him."

Zana set down on the sofa, and I set on Eric's lap. "Carson not looking for him, he's just doing his own thing, staying out of trouble."

Eric nodded, but I knew that Eric knew a lot of shit going on in the streets, and I knew Carson would do anything for Zana. Zana was just clueless, and everyone wanted her that way.

"Well, I'm heading home. Call me later of Ki." Zana said grabbing her bag.

"You need a ride?" Eric asked her.

"I'll be fine," she smiled and headed out the door.

I got off of Eric's lap, and sobbled to the kitchen. Being pregnant had put a toll on my back, and I couldn't wait to have this little girl. "Zana made some fried chicken, do you want any babe?" I asked him.

"I'm fine."

I turned around and Eric was on the couch in thought. His eyes were glued to the floor. I brought back a plate of chicken, and macaroni and cheese. "Something is wrong with you."

Eric sighed, "I have to be honest with you Kiara, shit not looking good at all."

"What do you mean?" I was curious to know what he was talking about. Eric had been gone all day, and right now he was acting kind of nervous.

"I have to head out in a few hours, but just know that I really do care for you." Eric rubbed my belly, then kissed it.

"Please talk to me!"

Eric stood to his feet, and headed for the bedroom.

"Eric!"

"Kiara, everything is going to be fine." He turned around and kissed my forehead, I followed him to the bedroom.

I pulled him by the arm and stopped him in his tracks, "talk to me or so help me I'm beating your ass right here!"

Eric smirked at me, then picked me up so that I could straddle him. "You're going to do what?" He asked kissing my chest.

I bit my bottom lip, this man has been making my hormones go crazy lately. "Stop it, Eric what's going on."

"I've been working with Carson for a few years, and the word around is that he had found where Rick was hiding. The thing about it is Carson wants to move in on him tonight."

My eyes were wide. I was terrified to lose Eric. What if there plan doesn't go right? What if Zana loses Carson? I had a bad feeling about the whole thing.

"Do you have to go?"

Eric nodded at me, and placed me on the floor. I set down on the bed looking up at him. "Promise me you'll come back to me."

"Kiara, it's going to be alright."

"No nigga, promise me, you will bring your ass back here to me and baby Ella." I smiled, I guess the name that Eric picked out had grown on me. Even though he wasn't the baby's father, he had acted as if he was. He had promised to be here for us, and sign his name to the birth certificate.

Eric set next to me, "I promise. Now come with me to the shower so I can wear that ass out!"

I giggled and followed him to the shower, "you are so nasty Eric."